Notes & observations from QV 13/7/12

Ray66

Just some short notes from on the QV. Firstly a wonderful sail-away from Southampton on 13th July with all three Queens in Southampton.

One of the first things we noticed in our cabin was that the two drawers at bottom of the bed were both packed full of bedding. I always thought these drawers were for the use of the passengers which has always been the case previously on the QV and QE.

There were still the bottled water price notices on dining tables (this is not done on the QE).

There’s only one choice of salad in Britannia in the evening – whereas there are two choices on the QE.

As well as soft drinks packages, there were wine packages and coffee packages offered.

Production shows – Dance Passion, Victoriana and a Stroke of Genius were excellent and we think better than the shows and performers on the QE. The shows were on at different times on different nights in the theatre depending on whether they showed a film late on.

We got to do a galley tour on the second day.

Sales tables – there were some awful looking fluffy toys right across one table and these came out nearly every night. I saw people looking but not buying. These looked so tacky and out of place on a Cunard ship, especially next to tables selling jewelry at around $100. Please don’t do this again Harding Brothers – it does not look good!

The dress codes were changed around on a couple of nights which is not very helpful, especially when you have sent a suit to be dry cleaned!

I'm not sure why but one evening we were left in our room two of the black wallets that Cunard used to send out with the tickets in.

The alternative dining in the Lido were Bamboo x 2, Prime x 2, Coriander x 3.

The evening themes in the Lido Buffet were French, Scandinavian, Fish Market, Mexican (with red, white & green decorations), Bistro, English, and East Meets West.

Thank you for your posting, I was on the QV Feb/Mch of this year, the shows have changed since then, which is good

Yes the drawers under the bed are supposed to be for passengers, put in because when built there was so little storage space.

On my cruise the plastic bottle of water was on the table first night but no indication it had to be paid for, I had to warn my table companions that it was not free.

No wine or coffee packages offered on my cruise .

Dress codes were changed around,no one seems to think this inconveniences passengers.

Not that the dress code seemed to concern some passengers, never seen the such sights before on any ship let alone Cunard (and I have done 50 cruises in total on several different lines).

No gifts left in room,but the next day event sheet often late, delivered after midnight, and several times had the wrong day and date on the top.

Hi, could you please tell more about the coffee packages which they have on the Queen Victoria, J

Cunard Coffee Card

Introducing the newest offer from the Bars Team on board Queen Victoria - the Coffee Card!

Guests can buy the Cunard Coffee Card Package for just $33.50 which entitles you to 10 coffee beverages, with a complimentary coffee included with purchase! See your friendly staff for more information. Beverages included are: regular coffee, lattes, cappuccinos and....

...and there the text ends. Guess we'll never know :)

And I would be interested in information on the wine packages please. Like what offerings and their price.

Not much information I'm afraid:

Cunard Wine packages

For all the wine lovers on board Cunard offers our exclusive Wine Packages. For more information, contact your personal sommelier in your restaurant or you can meet the Chief Sommelier in the Champagne Bar on sea days between 10am and 11pm, or on port days between 4.30pm and 11pm.

You are right. That was not real helpful.

We are on QV to Norway leaving on 8/3. Was hoping to find a good wine package.

Guess I'll have to check with my "personal sommelier" when I get on board.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Cunard Coffee Card

Introducing the newest offer from the Bars Team on board Queen Victoria - the Coffee Card!

Guests can buy the Cunard Coffee Card Package for just $33.50 which entitles you to 10 coffee beverages, with a complimentary coffee included with purchase! See your friendly staff for more information. Beverages included are: regular coffee, lattes, cappuccinos and....

...and there the text ends. Guess we'll never know :)

Thank you for the quick reply. I am going on the Queen Victoria in October, this will be my first cruise with Cunard. I have as yet too find a cruise line with free coffee that I enjoy, so I always ends up buying it. It's nice to know that there is a coffee package available, thank you, J

Archived