Not sure which cruise to choose????

bindy1

We are trying to decide on a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year. We are locked in to going to the last week of Sept and we have found 2 cruises that we like. Either the Breeze out of Miami going to GT, Nassau and Jamaica or Valor out of San Juan on the Southern route.

I prefer the Southern itin but I am worried about airfare. Right now it is cheaper for us to fly to SJ than to Miami/FLL. I have looked at other dates in Oct-Feb and I am finding the same trend. But will that be the same come next Sept.

What cruise would you pick and why? To me there are pros and cons to both. Would just like to get your opinions and choices on the two.....

It's a special ocassion, so I would definitely go with the Southern Caribbean. That itinerary is unique and you'll get to experience what the Caribbean is TRULY about. Not the man made tourist traps found on other "Caribbean" itineraries.

Yes, the Breeze is a new ship, but that itinerary absolutely sucks. Nassau is OK on short, cheapie cruises, but it's a waste of money on a longer itinerary. In my opinion, it's a dump. Jamaica is a nice island, but unfortunately it has its share of crime so exploring on your own is discouraged. The only stop that sounds attractive is Grand Turk.

So what if airfare is more expensive going to San Juan??? You only get to celebrate your 20th Anniversary ONCE! Make it special. :)

We are trying to decide on a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year. We are locked in to going to the last week of Sept and we have found 2 cruises that we like. Either the Breeze out of Miami going to GT, Nassau and Jamaica or Valor out of San Juan on the Southern route.

I prefer the Southern itin but I am worried about airfare. Right now it is cheaper for us to fly to SJ than to Miami/FLL. I have looked at other dates in Oct-Feb and I am finding the same trend. But will that be the same come next Sept.

What cruise would you pick and why? To me there are pros and cons to both. Would just like to get your opinions and choices on the two.....

The Breeze is the newest ship, but those ports are just okay when placed in the same category as the southern itinerary...Who wouldn't want to go on a new ship?! I'm on her in December and can.not.wait.

As far as the itinerary...the Southern route is Out.Of.This.World! Yes, airfare will cost more to go to SJ, but, you're getting some Amazing ports and celebrating your 20th!

Do you cruise for the ship or ports? Maybe that will help you decide.

I usually cruise for the ports, but, I'll admit, my December cruise was booked for the Breeze, with a bonus that I love the islands we're visiting.

I'd choose the Valor with the southern itinerary, since the ports are Amazing!

Best of Luck deciding, Happy Anniversary, and Bon Voyage!

I would definitely do the Valor and the Southern itinerary! I really prefer the Valor (Conquest class) to the Dream class ships. They feel less crowded to me and makes for a much more enjoyable cruise overall. Plus, I really LOVE the southern ports of call.. so beautiful and much less "tourist trappy" than other places.

First off Congratulations!!!!!! We are also celebrating our 20th Anniversary next year and my daughter's Sweet 16 on the Gem. Thank goodness we lucked out and Nassau IS NOT one of the ports.

Since I cruise for the ports, I would definitely choose the Southern route, especially if it is just the 2 of you. If you are bringing along kids, I might only then go with the Breeze.

Thanks for all the replies.....I am definitely leaning towards the southern. The Breeze sure looks like a nice ship and I would love to try out the cove balcony. Valor seems to be similiar to Liberty which we sailed on last year before Christmas minus the 2.0 upgrades. I think I will miss the Guy's burgers :(

And did I read somewhere that there is an a la carte charge($) for the sushi bar on Breeze now?

Archived