Off the beaten track from Livorno and Civitavecchia

tikkas

My husband and I have already been to the main sights around Livorno and Civitavecchia (Lucca, Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano, Rome, Siena). We're now looking to take day trips to smaller lesser-known but just-as-charming places. Any ideas from experienced travellers to Italy?

:)

If you haven't visited Cinque Terre, I'd make that my next choice for the Livorno port call. As for Civitavecchia, we never run out of things to do in Rome...even if it's just walking around exploring on our own.

Lew

My husband and I have already been to the main sights around Livorno and Civitavecchia (Lucca, Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano, Rome, Siena). We're now looking to take day trips to smaller lesser-known but just-as-charming places. Any ideas from experienced travellers to Italy?

:)

We had a great day last year with Romeinlimo. I've been all over Florence and wanted to do something a bit different. (I'm jealous of your San G... haven't seen that area yet) We toured the Montecarlo wine road. We had Romeinlimo set up a few vineyards and I set up a few on my own that I had researched on the Trip Advisor. It was truly the highlight of the trip. This year we didn't go to Livorno but we toured with Romeinlimo out of Civitavecchia and went to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. I don't know if you've been to these hilltop villages but they were outstanding!

Good luck!

Archived