Payment/deposit question

beckymomof2

I just think that if anyone can budget and pay cash for a cruise and their onboard spending, they surely should be able to have enough self-discipline to manage the use of a credit card. I mean, they obviously don't spend the cash or they couldn't pay for the cruise or the expenses. So you just use that cash to pay the credit card bill. You end up in the same place!

I've found myself in messes due to overuse of credit cards more than once in the past. But I've worked myself out of those messes. I guess just the fact that I can now use my card and pay it monthly is a symbol of personal accomplishment, so I use it (and get the perks and good credit that goes with it) just to show myself that I do have the self control!

But this is a different subject for another thread, I suppose.

There is a difference. When I pay cash, pre paying things, I'm not able to use cash I don't have.

My debit card won't allow me to spend more than in my bank account because I opted out of overdraft protection.

A credit card allows me to spend money I don't physically have. When the bill comes I might not have the money for the payment. Even if I set it aside I'm too tempted and may spend it on something else before the bill comes.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to accept some people just don't want or use credit cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived