Poor clothing choice?

I have found a nice pantset that I would like to wear on embarkation for our upcoming cruise. We will be departing San Juan in July, but I will be wearing it from the hotel to the ship and then probably change for the Lido deck and then back into this for dinner as I do not know if our luggage will have arrived. It is a nautical themed outfit and I was wondering in your honest opinion if wearing a nautical themed outfit is too much on a cruise. I would wear it if I were on a cruise or not.

0030_24196_dt.jpg

:) Hi, I have a couple of nautical outfits and always wear them on embarkation day! I also have a pair of gold starfish earrings...they are textured and are part of my "nautical ensemble";)

I think you will look very cute.

Have a wonderful cruise:D

Thank you ladies! I was thinking that people would be looking at me like I was going a bit overboard, at least my DH would...LOL. I will probably do some nice red sandals with it. I will be in sail mode from the moment I wake up pre cruise day to drive to the airport. Can't wait. Got to hurry up and finish up the school year first. June can't get here fast enough for school to get out.

Are you kidding? I love that outfit . . . where did you get it? For as long as I can remember, I've loved nautical attire (maybe that's why I love to cruise). As a sort of funny aside . . . I always dressed my son in nautical clothes for formal pictures when he was a baby, toddler and even when he was about four or five. You know, those cute little sailor outfits. When he graduated from college and was commissioned as an officer in the Coast Guard, my friends told me that he had no choice . . . I had brainwashed him as a baby and now he wears those cute little nautical outfits for real (what can I say, he really does look fantastic in his dress whites . . . :p ). So where did you get your outfit? I would have loved to have had an outfit like that to wear on my cruise last week . . . :)

Creole Girl, I have no idea why that comment was made but if you check all the other replies, everyone else thinks it is very cute:)

Juvenile? I don't think so....I am 47 and would wear it. I know a couple of the other gals (lady for example)is a contemporary of mine and she would wear it too:D

I think it is absolutely adorable when small infants are dressed up in nautical wear. But adults? It is just my thing. That said, I also dislike christmas sweatshirts and sweater, Thanksgiving wear, etc. I think that there are many ways to dress and feel special for embarkation or sail-away without resorting to anchors, sailboats, and star fish. JMHO.

Creole Girl, if you feel good in that outfit, and you feel special wearing it, I say Go For it:D.

Baxter, that is what makes the world go round and thank goodness we are all different or life would be quite boring.

I think it is absolutely adorable when small infants are dressed up in nautical wear. But adults? It is just my thing. That said, I also dislike christmas sweatshirts and sweater, Thanksgiving wear, etc. I think that there are many ways to dress and feel special for embarkation or sail-away without resorting to anchors, sailboats, and star fish. JMHO.

Baxter,

I don't mean to be contrary, but.........

Though I agree with you about "themed" clothing which I don't wear, and this particular outift is not my style either, I think you're getting away from the point of the question.

Creole Girl was really just asking if the outfit would be inappropriate for her cruise. For that opinion, I agree with the others. It's an absolutely appropriate outfit for her cruise and I think that when she looks on her embarkation photo's in years to come, it'll make her smile with warm memories.

As I said, while it's not your or my choice of attire, but there's certainly nothing wrong with wearing it.

Just my $.02. :)

Oh my goodness, I know that it's just your honest opinion (JMHO) but I am so sad that you feel that way. I'm not crazy about holiday themed sweatshirts and sweaters (for me) but I know how much pleasure those that wear them get. As far as nautical themed outfits . . . I'm at a loss for words. Yes, there are many ways to dress for embarkation (I wore a pair of navy slacks, hot pink tee shirt, navy shirt (all by Ralph Lauren) and a pair of hot pink thonged sandals. But . . . I also have numerous outfits by Lauren, Hillfiger and Talbots that I wore on my cruise which had a nautical theme. And yes . . . even though I dressed my son in cute little nautical outfits when he was small (as stated in my previous post) . . . I'm fifty-eight years old and have worn nautical attire (casual attire in the summer) all my life (might have something to do with growing up in Florida and being around sailboats all my life). And with regard to the OP's question about whether a pair of navy slacks and a tee shirt with an anchor on the front is in any way inappropriate to wear on the day one's ship set sail on a cruise . . . well, I would say that I can't think of anything that would be more appropriate!

CreoleGirl, it's a great outfit!!!! We all have different tastes, it's important that you feel good in it!

Just a side note...I was touched by the website on your signature! Our sons are 24 years old and 13 years old! I think you get the picture. I would have given anything to have a support group like your group back then. Many tears, fertility drugs, medical tests between those two boys. I am not of color, but I know I would have been welcomed into your group.. it is so important to have others who understand!!!! It turned out amazingly well for us, but truthfully, we had gotten past all hope!!!! With all my heart, I wish those gals great surprises too!!!

CreoleGirl, it's a great outfit!!!! We all have different tastes, it's important that you feel good in it!

Just a side note...I was touched by the website on your signature! Our sons are 24 years old and 13 years old! I think you get the picture. I would have given anything to have a support group like your group back then. Many tears, fertility drugs, medical tests between those two boys. I am not of color, but I know I would have been welcomed into your group.. it is so important to have others who understand!!!! It turned out amazingly well for us, but truthfully, we had gotten past all hope!!!! With all my heart, I wish those gals great surprises too!!!

Thank you for the support about the website. We welcome anyone. The ladies there are fantastic. We discuss any and everything...including travel :) !

Thank you ladies for your comments and suggestions. I did not mean to stir anything up with my question, but I asked for honest opinions and that is what I got. The pants are wide leg palazzo style pants. I love them because they are cool and flowing.

Archived