Great Progreso Experiences?

txteachers. I think you know my preferences. Last night I booked my air to return to Merida for two weeks in Oct. Also want to visit Campeche and Ticul this time. Thought I better buy the tickets before the fares go up, and they will.

Tell us your Progreso recommendations. Has anyone done anything besides laying on the beach, drinking Corona and shopping?

Tell us about your great adventures!

Kayaking? Bicycling? Bird watching?;)

Merida is cool and we spent a day at Dzbilchaltun. All in all, both are good trips.

Clackey

For your trip to Merida/Dzilbuchaltun, can you tell me how you travelled? Did you take a cab? That is exactly what we are doing May 26, and can't wait! Would appreciate any details or advice.

Terryde,

Bus to Merida, ship tour to Dzbil. These were on two different cruises. Sorry if It sounded like the same day. I don't think there is enough time to take in both in one day, but either one is an interesting tour.

Have fun.

Clackey

you can definitely do both in one day. my family did it last month. we went to dzibilchaltun in the morning (before it got too hot) and then to merida for lunch and walking around and sight-seeing. we got a taxi at the pier ($90 for the day for 4 of us) and the driver stayed with us the whole time and was an excellent guide.

We took a cab to Dzbilchaltun. and really enjoyed it. It took about 4 hours including transportation so we had time to go on to Merida, but decided not to since our travel companions had decided to stay on the ship.

Have been on the Elation twuce with stops in Progreso. On our last cruise we went to Dzbilchaltun and then to Rancho Tierra Bonita Restaurante Campestre for lunch, folklorico and a rodeo. The meal was quite good and the rodeo was great. Check out my photo's in the signiture.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Tell us your Progreso recommendations. Has anyone done anything besides laying on the beach, drinking Corona and shopping?

Tell us about your great adventures!

Kayaking? Bicycling? Bird watching?

Can now answer my own question, ;) , just in case someone is interested!!

We took the $2 bus tour, found a taxi to take us to Dzibilchaltun Ruins, wait for us & return us back to town square - $65 for all of us. Saw flamingos on the way! Had time for shopping and the beach!!!

Have been on the Elation twuce with stops in Progreso. On our last cruise we went to Dzbilchaltun and then to Rancho Tierra Bonita Restaurante Campestre for lunch, folklorico and a rodeo. The meal was quite good and the rodeo was great. Check out my photo's in the signiture.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Can you tell me if you did your tour thru the ship or an independent? Your photos look like a lot of fun.

Thanks.

Archived