Almost 3 Years Old - bored in nursery?

JVD85

We'll be travelling on the Wonder to Alaska in 2 weeks. My daughter will be 7 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. She's fully potty trained and is able to go on her own. We've reserved nursery hours for her since I was told that she is too young for the clubs but we can discuss it further once on the ship. I'm wondering two things.

A) I've heard they are pretty strict about the age policy for the clubs, has anybody sailed recently with a child under 3 being allowed into the clubs?

and

B) Last year she was fine and entertained in the nursery, if she goes again this year, will she be bored? Do they have better activities for the older children? She had just turned 2 last year and was fine there but I'm worried she'll be bored.

My husband and I specifically book Disney cruises because of their kid's clubs and programs (my son loved it last year) and we really don't get much alone time at home so we are planning to use the nursery/clubs for both kids this year.

Thanks!

We'll be travelling on the Wonder to Alaska in 2 weeks. My daughter will be 7 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. She's fully potty trained and is able to go on her own. We've reserved nursery hours for her since I was told that she is too young for the clubs but we can discuss it further once on the ship. I'm wondering two things.

A) I've heard they are pretty strict about the age policy for the clubs, has anybody sailed recently with a child under 3 being allowed into the clubs?

and

B) Last year she was fine and entertained in the nursery, if she goes again this year, will she be bored? Do they have better activities for the older children? She had just turned 2 last year and was fine there but I'm worried she'll be bored.

My husband and I specifically book Disney cruises because of their kid's clubs and programs (my son loved it last year) and we really don't get much alone time at home so we are planning to use the nursery/clubs for both kids this year.

Thanks!

The nursery is for under 3s. If a child (under 3) is full potty-trained (in disneyspeak, fully potty trained means able to undress, use the toilet, clean up afterward, and redress themselves, CMs are not allowed to assist in any way), there have been reports that you can ask to have your child assessed for readiness in the Oceaneers Club/Lab. Depending on space availability, they may be allowed to join. I will point out that the upper age in the Club/Lab is 11 or 12. I would think about whether I would want to put my 2 year old in with a group that is that much older then them.

I've read other reports that the older 2 year olds in the nursery are sometimes allowed to be "helpers" for the CMs with the littler kids in the nursery.

:)

Archived