Quebec City Dinner Recommendations

My wife and I are heading to Quebec on the Norwegian Gem from NYC on September 8. We're looking for restaurant recommendations for our anniversary dinner in Quebec during our overnight stop. We're big foodies and really enjoy a great meal! Any recommendations?

We ate at a fabulous place so will go hunt up the name and post later. We walked from the Frontenac and it was down a side street then. Remember it had a black awning and was small but blank on name. A young dentist there recommended it as where he and his wife went for special occasions and we loved it so were glad we asked a "local" (had sat by him at a wine tasting) Not cheap but definitely great.

Le Saint Amour is the restaurant. Appropriate name for a romantic place!

Knew I'd walked back the next day and took a photo so just looked at that:) Would love to go back since (unexpectedly) adored Quebec City. We tacked on a three day stay after our NCL Spirit cruise. Enjoy!

Just another comment........we speak no French so were a bit concerned about ordering but that wasn't a problem. Folks in Quebec City who did not speak English were apologetic and always helpful. Anyway, we ordered one of their fixed-price, fixed-however-many courses dinners and everything was delicious. May have been a good thing I didn't really know what all was being served :o but I ate every bite and it was a wonderful evening! Am envious of your trip and would like to hear about it when you return.

Our favorite is Le Patriarche. They do speak English. We go there almost every year and have never been disappointed. We wanted to try Initiale last year, but it was closed. I forget what day of the week it was.

http://www.lepatriarche.com/en/index_en.html

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g155033-d1210543-Reviews-Le_Patriarche-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

My wife and I are heading to Quebec on the Norwegian Gem from NYC on September 8. We're looking for restaurant recommendations for our anniversary dinner in Quebec during our overnight stop. We're big foodies and really enjoy a great meal! Any recommendations?

Check out Le Continental on Rue Saint Louis as well. We had lunch there a couple of year ago and it was excellent. We're going back this year.

We're also booked on the Gem for September 8 and there's a very active roll call for that sailing if you'd like to join.

Archived