Price protection. What is it

dengirl69

What is the price protection at the booking. I mean if I book under a sale there is no price protection before when we have booked it is under early saver. So if I do the sale does this mean if the price goes up before I make a final payment I have to pay the new higher price?

If prices go up on any rate you never have to pay the difference.

All rates I have seen except pack n go if the price drops before final payment, you get the price drop.

Only ES gets price drops after final payment.

clear as mud? ask again if this isnt clear.

Additionally and separate from above, there's 100% Booking Price Protection such that if you book and within 48 hours there's a lower Carnival pricing for exact same booking, you can get 100% of difference. This can be advantageous booking after Final Payment deadline. ken

Confused here, I thought you only got the price drops if you booked Early Saver?

This is what I found on Carnival's Website.

Now you're getting the lowest price possible... guaranteed!

If you find a better deal somewhere else within two days of booking your cruise, we'll not only be very surprised — we'll give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit. You can be confident that our prices are the lowest, so you can get on to more important things... like counting down the days until you sail!

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price.
  • Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit.
  • Lowest Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates.

Confused here, I thought you only got the price drops if you booked Early Saver?

This is what I found on Carnival's Website.

Now you're getting the lowest price possible... guaranteed!

If you find a better deal somewhere else within two days of booking your cruise, we'll not only be very surprised — we'll give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit. You can be confident that our prices are the lowest, so you can get on to more important things... like counting down the days until you sail!

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price.
  • Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit.
  • Lowest Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates.

ALL rates can get price reductions BEFORE final payment~ ONLY Early Saver gets them AFTER final payment~ I believe you are still before final payment on both of your cruises~ if they are 7 days~ so you can be looking for cheaper rates and call Carnival and get your payment reduced.

What you posted above is exactly what it says~ if you book a cruise and find a lower price within 48 hours of booking you get 110% of the difference in OBC~

Archived