Binoculars Needed?

Madison Madhouse

River cruise veterans...we are going on our first river cruise on the Amacerto August 9 (after 18 ocean cruises) down the Danube with a pre-stay in Prague and ending up in Budapest. We're quite excited!

Question: Should I bring my binoculars to use as we cruise down to river to better see the countryside, castles, villages, etc.? It's one more item to pack and may not be needed. Perhaps we're close enough to the shorelines. Thanks!

I never go on a trip anywhere without mine.

Just put yours in your carry-on bag.

If you don't have them when you want them, you'll hurt your toes kicking yourself. <G>

Just my $0.02.

Jim

We didn't take any when we did the Danube cruise in May, and while I wish we had had them just so I could see a few things in a bit more detail, we really would have used them very little.

If you have room, take them. If not, you won't miss much.

On our cruise "Budapest to Amsterdam" the weather was excellent and really warm, this brought out Germans of all shapes and sizes on the river banks and in the water as well they were wearing from very little to nothing at all ,

This was all viewed from our passing boat we are glad that we took our binoculars .

On our cruise "Budapest to Amsterdam" the weather was excellent and really warm, this brought out Germans of all shapes and sizes on the river banks and in the water as well they were wearing from very little to nothing at all ,

This was all viewed from our passing boat we are glad that we took our binoculars .

Wasn't that fun! We had same thing on our Vantage river cruise and all of us were passing binoculars like crazy! We should be ashamed of ourselves but dang some of those young men were HOT and the girls were gorgeous! :D

My suggestion is to invest in a monocular.

You can get them online for $15-50 depending on the brand and they are lightweight and fit right in your pocket. Keep it handy when you are passing castles, scenery, wildlife or to see what is ahead. It's great on tours to see things the guide is pointing out in the distance or on cathedrals and such. Very handy and so light you forget its in your pocket.

Have fun!

Archived