Price drop?

sassy~one

Hello

I keep hearing about price drop, and getting refunds. BUT i booked through a TA and she says i can get nothing. The price was less $ ON line. The price was for a guar. and i guess i booked a room.

What is the best way to get price drops? Book through Carnival? ANY input would be welcome.

thanks PS do you ever buy the 100$ next cruise cert?

We buy the certificates every cruise. After booking through another company once, I now always book through Carnival. It's just easier to handle everything on my own (putting in the request for credit if I booked ES rate, etc.)

Really? So I shouldn't pay all at once then :confused:

No, she means the CUTOFF for when final payment is due. ES you can price adjust within 48 hours of sailing. Other rates it is 75 days out - when final payoff is due. I think I have that 75 right?

Really? So I shouldn't pay all at once then :confused:

they mean Carnival's final payment date .. not when you get around to paying it off if its early..

OP, some people have been able to price match to guarantee cabins and give up their chosen cabin and get the price drop. Did you book Early Saver?

No, she means the CUTOFF for when final payment is due. ES you can price adjust within 48 hours of sailing. Other rates it is 75 days out - when final payoff is due. I think I have that 75 right?

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/Cancellation_Policy_12.11.pdf

60 days for 2,3,4,5 day cruises

75 days for 6 day and longer cruises including Alaska and Hawaii

90 days for Euro, Panama Canal, Transpacific cruises.

Hello

I keep hearing about price drop, and getting refunds. BUT i booked through a TA and she says i can get nothing. The price was less $ ON line. The price was for a guar. and i guess i booked a room.

What is the best way to get price drops? Book through Carnival? ANY input would be welcome.

thanks PS do you ever buy the 100$ next cruise cert?

First, you must be booked under the Early Saver rate to do the price matching after the final payment deadline. Like others have said, you can get the fare adjusted with all the rates up until that deadline. Only ES allows adjustments after.

Second, it sounds like you were trying to match the Pack 'n Go rate to yours, which normally is not allowed. With Early Saver, you pick a specific room in a specific category. The idea is that you then match the price of that same category. Pack 'n Go rates are for guarantees, not for specific rooms so there is nothing to match to, hence why it's not usually allowed.

It doesn't matter whether you book through a TA or through Carnival directly. You are still entitled to the price drops. The difference is that with a TA, they are the ones you have to call and that process it for you. Carnival will not deal with you directly if you're using a TA. As long as you have a good TA, that works out.

Archived