Bermuda Dine Ashore Program

punkincc

Will be aboard Star to Bermuda on 9-30-12. Does anyone know if this program is still available and how it works? I read somewhere ? That you can do lunch or dinner ashore via $25 lunch voucher with $5 acct charge or $50 dinner voucher for $10. I assume this is per person. Do you ask for these where you would make dinner reservations on the ship. If anyone has used them, are they worth it? I hear there are some excellent restaurants in Bermuda, but not sure how many participate.

Will be aboard Star to Bermuda on 9-30-12. Does anyone know if this program is still available and how it works? I read somewhere ? That you can do lunch or dinner ashore via $25 lunch voucher with $5 acct charge or $50 dinner voucher for $10. I assume this is per person. Do you ask for these where you would make dinner reservations on the ship. If anyone has used them, are they worth it? I hear there are some excellent restaurants in Bermuda, but not sure how many participate.

Sorry, the dine ashore program hasn't been in place for several years.

Thanks. I must have seen some really old info somewhere! Too bad. It seems like it would be ideal on a cruise where you are in port several days. Back in the day when all onboard food was included, the cruise line would actually make money if you bought a voucher and ate off the ship. Not so now days I guess with all the up charge restaurants available.

Thanks. I must have seen some really old info somewhere! Too bad. It seems like it would be ideal on a cruise where you are in port several days. Back in the day when all onboard food was included, the cruise line would actually make money if you bought a voucher and ate off the ship. Not so now days I guess with all the up charge restaurants available.

I tend to think it has more to do with the fact that Bermuda restaurants are so expensive now that someone was loosing money on the deal.

I remember the Dinah Shore show------hee hee.

Archived