Fish & chips on Glory?

irish2005

Does anyone know if the fish & chips restaurant on Glory is self serve or do you have to order what you want? Thanks

The last time I was on the Glory you had to order it from the server. Most of the food sat behind a glassed in buffet unit. Some food was self serve.

It was all behind the counter on both my Glory cruises. You just tell them what you'd like. Condiments available at the end of the line. I'd get my Red Frog beer down at the lobby bar, make my way to the upper Lido dining area, get my appetizers and F&C, douse it in malt vinegar, and have a great lunch.

By about mid-way through my cruise to Bermuda last October, I was totally addicted to the tuna and watermelon appetizer.

Sounds like and is a strange taste combination, but it is just delicious.

Definitely hit or miss. We were on the Glory a few months ago and some days it was good, others not so great. We go on the Freedom soon and I believe they have the fish and chips too. I'm certainly willing to give it another shot :)

Definitely hit or miss. We were on the Glory a few months ago and some days it was good, others not so great. We go on the Freedom soon and I believe they have the fish and chips too. I'm certainly willing to give it another shot :)

Yes, the Freedom does have the fish and chips. It was hit or miss when I was there, but most of the times it was delicious!

If it isn't greasy, it isn't really Fish & Chips! :p

Surely some of you have been to England and had F&C? And the chips have to get such a liberal application of malt vinegar that they just about disintegrate.

Yum!

Agree that it needs to be hot and fresh, though.

If it isn't greasy, it isn't really Fish & Chips! :p

Surely some of you have been to England and had F&C? And the chips have to get such a liberal application of malt vinegar that they just about disintegrate.

Yum!

Agree that it needs to be hot and fresh, though.

Greasy,,,yes,,,but absolutely dripping in grease,,,,,I don't think so! (Yep, I've had F&C in England, from the street vendors, wrapped in newspaper, but it wasn't as greasy as it SOMETIMES is aboard the Conquest Class Ships.) :eek:

"SKY"

Archived