George Lucas on Queen Mary this weekend?!

YoungQE2Cruiser

Not sure if the rumour I heard was true, but on Radio 1 this afternoon, there was a mention that George Lucas would pick up an award for his outstanding contributions to film on the Queen Mary which sails in this weekend.

The reporter didn't mention anything further than that but thought it may be of interest for some people.

I saw that too. I find it very strange. The last volume of his life's greatest work is coming out, and he'd be on QM2? Even though I think it would be VERY cool for that to be where George Lucas was for the release of the last Star Wars film, I also find it kind of unbelivable. Doesn't Access Hollywood need him? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed on that trip and the Star wars crew boarded the QM2 for a daytime reception in Cannes.

They were kept away from the general passangers. Reception was in the Queen's Room and refreshments were also served in The Queen's Grill.

That is correct. We received a report at dinner in Cannes from the Maitre d'Hotel of the Queen's Grill who helped coordinate this and who served him that afternoon, that he and his entourage were aboard but did not stay on for very long.

Archived