Balcony aft vs. mini-suite

bailey450

I am currently booked on the new Jewel and have a cat.BA balcony cabin in the aft. I personally love the aft cabins as they have bigger verandahs. However, the mini-suites are only a little more money wise, but I can only get cabins along the side. Should I keep the aft balconys or go for the mini-suites port side? Has anyone stayed in the aft cabins on the Star, Deck 9? Are the verandahs larger? Actually, the whole cabin looks larger than the regular BA's. Thanks for your help.

I am currently booked on the new Jewel and have a cat.BA balcony cabin in the aft. I personally love the aft cabins as they have bigger verandahs. However, the mini-suites are only a little more money wise, but I can only get cabins along the side. Should I keep the aft balconys or go for the mini-suites port side? Has anyone stayed in the aft cabins on the Star, Deck 9? Are the verandahs larger? Actually, the whole cabin looks larger than the regular BA's. Thanks for your help.

Stayed in aft on the Dawn and the Star, deck 10 and 8. 10/BA 8/penthouse. On the Dawn and Star the reg. BA cabins are not larger. The Jewel may be different. I would call NCL or try to bring the cabins up on the web-site.

Your questions are subjective. If you want a true aft cabin BA then go with this for the view. If you want a bigger cabin and bal. then go with the mini, it won`t matter where the mini is if it along the side.

Enjoy your cruise wherever you stay:D

Hi " Seahorse" I am in one of the BA on aft deck 10. Please tell what it is like? I have stayed in balcony's on the Dawn but never aft. Any info would be apprciated. I believe I was told that the balcony was bigger and that there were lounge chairs and not the regular balcony chairs Thanks!!

Hi " Seahorse" I am in one of the BA on aft deck 10. Please tell what it is like? I have stayed in balcony's on the Dawn but never aft. Any info would be apprciated. I believe I was told that the balcony was bigger and that there were lounge chairs and not the regular balcony chairs Thanks!!

Seahorse - go ahead tell how this lounge chair got onto a BA balcony :rolleyes:

ABAFT.jpg.42f9cca3d1bb62b145211342de265566.jpg

I was in a mini suite on my last cruise and I did not have a chair like that!!! I figure that I am resorceful, after all I AM a New Yorker. I know people, at least I can figure out who will be able to get one for me. My husband can have the regular chair, after all I did all the packing. If he gives me a hard time, on our next cruise he will be the man wearing the same clothes for 7 days. haha!!

Hi Mom:D

I got Shoreguy hooked on these baclonies, only2 like this on the ship. They are HUGE.

I $$ the steward to bring the lounge chair, no problem. He did it in the dead of night:eek: ..........I didn`t want to get him in trouble.

I know you will enjoy!!!!

So what you are saying is the big balcony on the aft is probably better to stay with. I have been on Millie and Summit on the aft and their balconies are huge. Would you say the same for your BA on Dawn and Star?

So what you are saying is the big balcony on the aft is probably better to stay with. I have been on Millie and Summit on the aft and their balconies are huge. Would you say the same for your BA on Dawn and Star?

:confused: I forgot your original question...........oh yea........On the Dawn and Star the deck 10 ba (two of them) aft are huge 95sq', I think compared to 38sq' of the reg.BA and the mini on the side are 54 or 58sq', I think.

I Have stayed in the deck 10 aft BA's and AD's three times on the DAWN. The last time being the now famous "wave" cruise. (what a view that was during the storm) I have stayed in 10730 (BA's)twice, 10728 (AD's) once. On the last trip (the "wave" cruise) my wife and I and my son and his wife had the adjoining BA's 10730 and 10230. We had the door opened between the two which made for a nice size balcony.

On decks 10,9,8 their are two BA's in the middle and two AD's(romance suites) on each side of them. Save some money and book the BA's because the AD's cabins are not much bigger but the balcony is a little bigger than the BA's. but the BA's are more than adequate (Unless you want butler service)

The view is spectacular compared to a balcony on the sides of the ship. Just keep in mind that it is a little rough at the aft in rough sea's compared to the middle of the ship. It is very hard to booked these cabins, you must do it at least a year ahead of time. I have already booked it again for next year but it is getting harder because people know about them now.

I Have stayed in the deck 10 aft BA's and AD's three times on the DAWN. The last time being the now famous "wave" cruise. (what a view that was during the storm) I have stayed in 10730 (BA's)twice, 10728 (AD's) once. On the last trip (the "wave" cruise) my wife and I and my son and his wife had the adjoining BA's 10730 and 10230. We had the door opened between the two which made for a nice size balcony.

On decks 10,9,8 their are two BA's in the middle and two AD's(romance suites) on each side of them. Save some money and book the BA's because the AD's cabins are not much bigger but the balcony is a little bigger than the BA's. but the BA's are more than adequate (Unless you want butler service)

The view is spectacular compared to a balcony on the sides of the ship. Just keep in mind that it is a little rough at the aft in rough sea's compared to the middle of the ship. It is very hard to booked these cabins, you must do it at least a year ahead of time. I have already booked it again for next year but it is getting harder because people know about them now.

I think it is getting so difficult to book these cabins on deck 10 because of these boards:eek: I tried to keep it a secret, but Shoreguy let it out, darn that Shoreguy.

The Ba`s are adequate but I do like the Butler service, got spoiled, so I booked a Romance suite and at 288sq' I think it is a lot bigger! IMO.

Can you sit out on the aft balconies when the ship is moving? I've had side balconies before and it's usually too windy.

Not windy at all........When we sailed out of NY in Feb. there was ice on the Hudson and we could be out there without getting cold:D

I liked the deck 10 better then 8 because I felt too much sea spray on 8.

We haven't been lucky enough to get an aft balcony on our upcoming Jewel cruise, but we did have one on the Summit. Very litttle wind. Absolutely wonderful sitting out there at night. In the daytime, Southern Caribbean, in October, --- HOT (no breeze). If we had it to do over again, we'd jump all over an aft balcony, hot or not!

That's great! We have one of the aft mini-suites on the Jewel. We were looking forward to being able to watch and hear the wake of the ship. Now we have the bonus of also being able to sit out on the balcony when the ship's moving. Pretty cool!

Thanks for the good news! :D

Archived