Word of advice....my only regret

Hey brides to be!

I just got married on the Freedom in Oct (301 days ago ;)) and sometimes still check in on here.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my only regrets for my wedding.

First, I didn't tell the photographer exactly what I wanted. I wanted more "fun" pictures and we did mostly serious. Luckily my aunt had her camera and after we were done with the photographer we took some with her, BUT by then we were done with taking pictures. Our photographer took a lot longer than he said.

Second, we did not get a video of the ceremony..... When I walked down the isle, I was just concentrating on not crying and looking at my soon to be husband that it took me awhile to realize I wasn't listening to anything! My husband handed me the rose (from the rose ceremony we did) and I looked at him like "what the hell are you doing?" That's when I realized I wasn't even paying attention!

Then the next thing I knew it was over! I barely remember any of it! The reception was so fast, it was just crazy. I wish I could go back and watch it....

Just wanted to share my experience. Hope this helps.

Congratulations to all of you! I still can't believe mine is over and I wish I could go back and do it all over again! The planning was so much fun and I want to do it all over again!!! I can totally see myself doing a vow renewal on a ship, cuz I loved it so much! The cruise itself was a little exhausting with all our families....but still great....but so glad we did a small weekend cruise with just the 2 of us 2 months after, we had NO alone time on our wedding cruise.

Wouldn't change a thing about it....those are the only 2 things I wish i had known beforehand and wanted to share with you all! :D

Hello flgatormom. I'm glad you posted this.

I purchased ghe video but There have been quite a few posts complaining about the quality of the video. So, it's good to read it's one of the things you would have done differently, if given the chance.

Thank you. Your first anniversary is almost here. Hooray!

I agree with your words of advice!

The ceremony went VERY quick! However, I was busy crying the whole time (I couldn't stop! haha) and would rather not relive that part of it!

I agree that on our wedding cruise we felt like we didn't have any time by ourselves. Not that I would change having others come with us, but I would have done another one directly afterwards (even if it were a shorter cruise). We both felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation. In hindsight, I wish we would have done a proper honeymoon!

The only other thing I would offer up as recommendations is that I would have budgeted more money towarrds the photos. I only had about $500 to spend on photos but wish I would have had more! I only got about 10-15 ala carte photos through Carnival. (AND the photographer didn't print the photo of me & my mom. He claimed that photo didn't turn out well? haha...she's still livid about that). Luckily one guest took hundreds of pictures on her camera! Honestly, her candids were just as good as the photographers! Have someone designated to take pictures of everything!

Have I mentioned I love this forum more than any other on the cruise critic message boards! Primarily because everyone's excited and for the most part only has NICE things to say...other than other areas that are overran by complaints! That's why I still come back on the regular!

The ceremony went VERY quick! However, I was busy crying the whole time (I couldn't stop! haha) and would rather not relive that part of it!

I agree that on our wedding cruise we felt like we didn't have any time by ourselves. Not that I would change having others come with us, but I would have done another one directly afterwards (even if it were a shorter cruise). We both felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation. In hindsight, I wish we would have done a proper honeymoon!

The only other thing I would offer up as recommendations is that I would have budgeted more money towarrds the photos. I only had about $500 to spend on photos but wish I would have had more! I only got about 10-15 ala carte photos through Carnival. (AND the photographer didn't print the photo of me & my mom. He claimed that photo didn't turn out well? haha...she's still livid about that). Luckily one guest took hundreds of pictures on her camera! Honestly, her candids were just as good as the photographers! Have someone designated to take pictures of everything!

Have I mentioned I love this forum more than any other on the cruise critic message boards! Primarily because everyone's excited and for the most part only has NICE things to say...other than other areas that are overran by complaints! That's why I still come back on the regular!

Everyone has their opinions of their day. I did cry a little and do remember telling my hubby to "stop it" because he was making ME cry by crying himself! It's only the 2nd time I've ever seen him cry and be emotional. I would LOVE to see it again.

As for the photographer, I agree! We had our money we budgeted, and then spent almost ALL of our fun spending money on pictures because we wanted a bigger package than we budgeted for! So I agree to definately plan for pictures! Worse comes to worse, you can always have money left over if you don't spend it all :rolleyes:

But as for having someone to take pictures, be careful. I had my aunt there to take pictures, BUT my photographer was very aware of her and he made sure she didn't get the best of shots...and she didn't. So very glad we got the photographers!

If there is any wiggle room for your budgets, i'd add a little more to the picture fund! Worth every penny!!! I have all my canvases on my wall and a ton of them in my dining room. Plus I love just going through the albums and the DVD of them!

I also love this forum...I just took some time away from CC after my dad passed away and actually forgot about it until we booked our next cruise. Then I had forgotten about this page, I like to visit every once in awhile, try to give advice or suggest when I can....but most of the time you ladies know what your doing :D

Everyone has their opinions of their day. I did cry a little and do remember telling my hubby to "stop it" because he was making ME cry by crying himself! It's only the 2nd time I've ever seen him cry and be emotional. I would LOVE to see it again.

As for the photographer, I agree! We had our money we budgeted, and then spent almost ALL of our fun spending money on pictures because we wanted a bigger package than we budgeted for! So I agree to definately plan for pictures! Worse comes to worse, you can always have money left over if you don't spend it all :rolleyes:

But as for having someone to take pictures, be careful. I had my aunt there to take pictures, BUT my photographer was very aware of her and he made sure she didn't get the best of shots...and she didn't. So very glad we got the photographers!

If there is any wiggle room for your budgets, i'd add a little more to the picture fund! Worth every penny!!! I have all my canvases on my wall and a ton of them in my dining room. Plus I love just going through the albums and the DVD of them!

I also love this forum...I just took some time away from CC after my dad passed away and actually forgot about it until we booked our next cruise. Then I had forgotten about this page, I like to visit every once in awhile, try to give advice or suggest when I can....but most of the time you ladies know what your doing :D

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I could be wrong here, but I thought I heard that the cruiseline saves the pictures for a period of time. I was married on the Carnival Glory last July and did spend a bit more for pictures then I wanted to. But for some reason, I remember hearing that they hold them for a certain amount of time. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thank u. He died exactly 3 weeks after I got married. We actually got back from our cruise sat, he moved in with us from his girlfriend's that Monday, we had hospice there Tuesday and he died 13 days later. Was difficult coming home from such a happy time to that but thankful I had taken an extra week off work and thankful he waited til we were back. :( but my brother and I are doing much better and I still love thinking and looking back at my weeding day. It was one of the best days of my life (a close 2nd to the births of my children of course :D)

I could be wrong here, but I thought I heard that the cruiseline saves the pictures for a period of time. I was married on the Carnival Glory last July and did spend a bit more for pictures then I wanted to. But for some reason, I remember hearing that they hold them for a certain amount of time. Does anyone know if this is true?

I think that's up to the photographer...mine edited the pictures on his personal computer and said once we dock he will delete them as the DVD and pictures would take up to much room with all the weddings. He needs to keep space for the next wedding....

He made sure we knew they were not available once we left the ship.

I agree with ur last statement!!! Yes nothing but good/happy twords here (mostly).. Thanks for you advice tooo

Thank u. He died exactly 3 weeks after I got married. We actually got back from our cruise sat, he moved in with us from his girlfriend's that Monday, we had hospice there Tuesday and he died 13 days later. Was difficult coming home from such a happy time to that but thankful I had taken an extra week off work and thankful he waited til we were back. :( but my brother and I are doing much better and I still love thinking and looking back at my weeding day. It was one of the best days of my life (a close 2nd to the births of my children of course :D)

SO sorry for your loss, but glad u and ur brother are doing better...

I'm glad to hear that you and your brother are doing well. I'm even more happy that you had some time to share your special memories with him before his passing.

Archived