When do you buy the soda sticker?

RuxieGirl

With our bottomless bubble card we use an insulated cup we bring from home (we did buy the Carnival one, but prefer one that is different for use on the ship). It is 24 ounces. The bartenders filled it completely each time .. we asked for "just a little ice" and got that too.

I'm one of those Pepsi addicts. A strong addiction. Pepsi-holic. I've traveled the globe enough to learn that I can 'make do' with Coke or even some worse local sodas if i have to but I neeeeeeed my carbonated, sugary, caffeine.

Why, oh WHY can't Carnival go the way of Pepsi!!!!! Or at the very least serve Dr Pepper out of all US based ports. I like Dr Pepper too!

Because Pepsi is oversweet gross slugde. Coke is the drink of the gods. Duh!

so you are not able to buy the cup unless you buy the bottomless bubbles? :(

I am not a soda drinker ~ thankfully, they have free ice tea & lemonade and will just bring 2 cases of Dt Coke for my DD.

True - I was thinking Grenadine as every bar has it but not all of them have cherry juice.

Good point. Think i'll get the soda card after all - it just occurred to me i can mix sprite and fruit juice - yum!

Is there a soda vending machine (ie, one that dispenses in plastic bottles) on the ship? If so, do you know the cost?

no there is not. no ice machine either. You can get ice from room service or any bar

Stop by the bar (we went to Lido) and buy it as soon as you get on the ship. We bought it as soon as we boarded at 11:00 a.m. on the first day! By 11:05 we were sipping our diet coke and eating our first buffet while we enjoyed an extra 5 hours on the ship leisurely before we sailed!

My DH can't live without his Diet Cokes, so he will most definitely be purchasing the Bottomless Bubbles option.

When do we buy this? Does the option present itself or do we need to make sure we get to the right place at the right time?

Just curious how it was a PITA? We just cruised and it was simple for us. Walk to the bar, flash sticker, instant drink. They were very nice also and we drank LOTS of diet coke! We usually went to the Lido bar or the bar at the back of Destiny by the adult pool. We also frequented the bar on the main level by guest services. But all the small bars also served very nicely. We never had a problem or had to wait.

Every since I found out I can take my own 12 packs on board... I have never even considered buying a soda card. It was always such a PITA to get the drinks IMO.

You can pre-buy it from bon voyage and when you get on board there is usually a specific bar with a list of prepaid and they'll give you the sticker. You can also just buy on board. There is almost always a stand set up by the pool bar area when you board

Archived