Split--Diocletian's palace--wheelchair access?

My cruise has a stop in Split (September 23). I cannot walk and use an electric wheelchair. I'll be arriving at the Tender dock. I'd like to look around the Riva and also see what I can of the the Palace. I imagine there are steps involved with seeing a good part of the Palace but I'm wondering how much of it I'd be able to get to. With the help of my wife I can get up a small step but for multiple steps I'd need a flat area of at least 60cm (24") between the steps. I'd appreciate any info or advice any of you may have, even if it's general info. Thanks!

You'll be able to enter to the basement for sure (from Riva side). You can come in front of the Peristyle, but I think there is no wheelchair access to come inside. Unfortunately, you can't visit our Cathedral and mausoleum, Jupiter temple, Vestibul...

But there are a lot of little streets and squares to explore. I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Split despite of this. :)

I have a little map in a Rick Steves' travel book that shows the Brass Gate to the South on the Riva side, the Silver Gate on the East side, the Golden Gate (North) and Iron Gate (West).

I'll use the Brass Gate to enter the Cellars and hopefully will be able to get around at that level.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can get to see the upper (main) level. Can I enter through any of the other gates to get to the upper level? Will I be able to go around the outside of the Palace to get to the other gates without steps? Will I be able to explore the main level after entering? I realize that I probably won't be able to go inside any of the buildings within the Palace but I'm hoping that I'll be able to see their exterior architecture. If any of gates would allow me to enter the upper level, which would you recommend?

Many thanks for your help. Sorry for so many questions. I've googled for info and have also watched several great videos showing inside and outside of the Palace, but can find very little to help. Of course the camera is always pointed upward to view the site rather than downward to show any steps!

Somewhere around middle of the Riva Promenade you can enter to the Fruits Square (officially Trg Brace Radic). Then you can go strait ahead and you'll come to the Pjaca (officially Narodni trg). There you turn right, you'll pass magnificent ancient Sun Watch and you will end up in the front of the Peristyle. :)

Archived