Hidden Gem Itineraries?

lhall85917

I would love to hear about your favorite itinerary that might be a hidden gem - one that isn't the most popular or perhaps one that surprised you with how well you enjoyed it. We have done the Baltics, East and West Mediterranean, trans Pacific from Sydney to San Francisco, and most of the Caribbean and are looking for new ports.

It will be DH and I, we tend to prefer newer ships but itinerary is very important. I prefer something more port intensive and less sea days. Length isn't terribly important; however, if we are going to travel abroad 2 weeks or more is preferable.

Please share an itinerary that was your favorite (or surprised you) and why you enjoyed it. Thanks in advance!

I love river cruises in Europe -- low key but right smack in the town and beautiful cities and hidden things like the Saxony King's jewels behind the Green Door on the cruise from Berlin to Budapest. The river cruise for tulips and windmills was Wonderful as was the very demanding Amazon River cruise on a 24 person boat (International Expeditions is the American comapany)

South America -- Around the Cape Horn from Rio to Santiago was so interesting and varied and HOT and COLD and great bird watching as was the unique Galapagos Islands with my beloved blue footed boobies!

Panama Canal was great too especially for the canal day.

Try looking at an Oceania catalog (they will send one a week if you get on the mailing list:D). They do the best descriptions -- I want to go anyplace with them and the trip lives up to the descriptions. Probably my favorite was Istanbul to Athens!

EXOTIC CATALOGS are my favorite reading material and I just drool all over them. Carib. trips are of no interest to me. NE and Canada I have done at least twice but I lived in Canada for 2 years-- so enough. I find I love sea days now -- explore, exhaust my aging body and then just sit and rest for a day or so. Look to see where the sea days are and how they are grouped. The most gorgeous scenery in the world through the Chilian fjiords was described as "sea day" -- SO MUCH MORE.

Dream ON. Dreaming is what you do when you are not on a cruise.!:)

We really enjoyed the "Holy Land" Itinerary. We enjoyed the whole cruise and as expected loved our time in Athens, Venice, Ephesis, Israel and Egypt. However our two surprises were Split Croatia and Patmos Greece. Over all just an excellent cruise.

Haven't taken them yet but the two that are intriguing to us are the Black Sea itinerary from Athens to Venice (believe there is one in August on Pacific Princess), and the segment of the world cruise that goes from Cape Town to London and hits a number of ports in West Africa.

when the ocean princess was the tahitian princess we did BTB 10 day cook island itinerary and marquesus islands. some onthe island stops were duplicate, but who would complain about going to bora bora twice:D

loved the islands, the beauty....and the snorkelling!!

I have two favourite cruises of all time and we have been to every continent in our cruising life. The first was on Oceania when we cruised from Hong Kong to Athens for 35 days. We visited so many wonderful places including Vietnam, Thailand,Singapore, Malaysia, India where we went to Agra, Oman, Jordan where we visited Petra, Egypt where we went to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings and then Cairo and the Pyramids and we finally finished in Athens.

Our second favourite cruise ever was on the Ocean Princess when we cruised from Capetown to Dover up the West African coast visiting such wonderful countries as Namibia, Benin,Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal, Cape Verde Islands, Morocco, Spanish Morocco, Spain, Portugal, France and finally Dover. A most exciting cruise of 32 days.

Jennie

We agree with the previous poster about the Galapagos. Unlike any other cruise. Recently, we sailed on the Celebrity Silhouette from Venice to Rome via the Adriatic, stopping in Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro, and many other places. Those countries and the terrain are so beautiful. It was a really wonderful itinerary...13 nights, only 1 sea day.

Though it's my understanding that Princess no longer does this itinerary, we loved sailing to Antarctica on the Star Princess, 16 days round trip from Buenos Aires.

Other-worldly unspolied beauty

Srpilo

Archived