Grandeur 10/15/12 - My Roll Call is next to Empty!

Final payment is August 1. There are maybe 14 people on the CC roll call and only two or three are active. Meet & Mingle has 14 signed up and we sail October 15, 2012.

I'm looking at private excursions because we can't do ship excursions where there is a lot of walking involved. (We had a bad experience, trusted them again, twice, and it still was not good. Even with the 'special' tours)

I'm hoping I can find someone on the general board who might not know about roll calls.

If anyone knows anyone else who will be on this sailing, I'm putting together some nice trips and would love to have another couple for company and to share the expenses which are much, much less than the equivalent ship tours.

I considered this one as well as the 12 night out of Barcelona. Ended up going out of Barcelona as I got a balcony for $1249 pp versus $2000 pp on the grandeur. Also air to Venice was nuts!

I noticed on your booking there are a ton of rooms still open. Ours is sold out for balcony and suites. I wish they had offerred the low balcony rate on yours, I love your itinerary!

One reason your roll call might be light is that the guest list might be on the elderly side and many may not be active on the Internet.

Enjoy your cruise!

I considered this one as well as the 12 night out of Barcelona. Ended up going out of Barcelona as I got a balcony for $1249 pp versus $2000 pp on the grandeur. Also air to Venice was nuts!

I noticed on your booking there are a ton of rooms still open. Ours is sold out for balcony and suites. I wish they had offerred the low balcony rate on yours, I love your itinerary!

One reason your roll call might be light is that the guest list might be on the elderly side and many may not be active on the Internet.

Enjoy your cruise!

We booked an outside cabin mid-ship, deck 3 for the insane price of $1,009. If a cruise is port intensive, we book outside cabins and the difference in price goes to private excursions. Only exception is Voyager class where the ice rink is in the middle of the deck with the outside cabins. Then we use our C&A discount and go for a balcony.

Since there are so many cabins still open, there is a very good chance of an upgrade a week before sailing. I am watching prices like a hawk:)

We got air at $1,000 each RT to Venice from Choice Air. Cheaper than the airlines own site.

I can't believe we're going on a 11 day cruise with such a fabulous itinerary for $4,000 for the two of us.

I'm making up for it with excursions:)

You have a great one, too. I love Barcelona.

Just a thought - Check the roll call boards for your ship and date. There might be another thread. We've had that happen before where there were 3different people started threads. Once we got them all together we had a real active group.

Just a thought - Check the roll call boards for your ship and date. There might be another thread. We've had that happen before where there were 3different people started threads. Once we got them all together we had a real active group.

I was going to suggest that as well, I 've seen threads started for Blank of the Seas- 10/15 and Blank of the Seas Oct 15 . Don't forget to check the 2nd and third pages of each ships roll calls, with two threads, one could easily slip to page 2.

Agree Grandeur Roll call are very quiet

We sail on the 5th August and we only have approx 8 people registered for the M & M, so that wont happen.

I think it maybe because there are large groups of UK passengers and lots dont know about Cruise Critic and Roll Calls.

All the best

Gary

In the roll call you have been following http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1618200, one of the first questions is about the existance of another thread for the same cruise, but didn't post a link.

I did find this one, but its very short: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566640

If you bring it to the attention of the board moderators, they might be able to do something about it. However, everyone is still signing up for the same M&M if that's of any consequence.

Archived