Seranade cruise cancelled

Had email from Royal to say Dec 4th Med cruise has been cancelled.

dry docking will not be finished in time.

What a bummer.

All booked with flights and hotel, ah well back to the drawing board.

Sorry to hear your cruise has been cancelled...did they offer to move your reservation to another sailing ?

Sorry to hear your cruise has been cancelled...did they offer to move your reservation to another sailing ?

Oh yes plus some onboard credit and we are not unduly worried just a shame when we were looking forward to it and meeting up with old cruise buddies but worse things happen at sea...or so they say;)

Oh yes plus some onboard credit and we are not unduly worried just a shame when we were looking forward to it and meeting up with old cruise buddies but worse things happen at sea...or so they say;)

What about the airfare--any change fees and will the OBC cover these?:(

Nice to read such a pleasant attitude to this change and I hope you have a great cruise when you do go. :D

Maybe one day our paths will cross again, seems so long since we met on the Navigator.

Had email from Royal to say Dec 4th Med cruise has been cancelled.

dry docking will not be finished in time.

What a bummer.

All booked with flights and hotel, ah well back to the drawing board.

It is a drag.

My girlfriend and I, along with 3078 other cruisers had our hearts broken on March 15th this year, 3 days before our March 18th cruise on Caribbean Princess (she broke down). At least you have some months to make alternate plans. It still stinks though. I'm so sorry for you all.

We had a cruise cancelled in the Med. They allowed us to have a OBC for a future cruise plus the OBC that we had for a NC certificate. They would also allow us coverage for flight cancellation fees that we might incur.

We hadn't booked flights yet so that was not an issue. I did appreciate the extra OBC, but was sad that we couldn't take the planned cruise.

I thought they were very fair with the credit and working with us to book another replacement cruise.

We had the Voyager canceled for this Spring, it was going to Asia then instead. Just offered us $200 OBC per cabin I think and a cruise instead on Grandeur in June. Which did not work for us as we were taking a TA to connect with the Voyager in Apr.!

So, we booked something else for Med. and that was it. We were not offered anything else and had a short time to decide on a cruise, to use our Next Cruise booking number or take the Grandeur. Otherwise it was canceled. Luckily we had not booked air or hotels yet.

That's a real shame. Originally Serenade was scheduled for drydock on November 8. It wasn't until after they completed Radiance that RCI cut back on what would be done to Serenade. Once the changes were decided to be not so extensive, they added a 10 night cruise on November 8 and delayed the drydock until November 18. That November 8, 10 night cruise wasn't even released until February of this year.

And now they have decided to extend the dry dock by eliminating your cruise. Had they left things alone in the beginning no changes would have been needed. Although I think all of the December itineraries were changed at some point for another reason. There was a previous discussion about that because of port stops and a female captain.

But this change seems like really poor planning on their part considering the Nov. 8 cruise addition less than a year before sailing.

Gina

Thank you for all your positive comments.

24 hours on and the picture is looking better, the UK office of RCI have been great and now we are transfer-ed to the next cruise on the Serenade[fingers crosses for this one] given us OBC and money back to alter our airfare so thanks for all the hard work from them as they must have had a lot of folk to deal with.

Sorry we are not going to meet up with some of our cruise buddies but hey we will do our best to meet them on another cruise ;)

We are gutted as was really looking forward to this cruise. Still we've taken the OBC and transferred over to Explorer to the Caribbean instead. Now we just have transatlantic flights to book!

Sorry we will not be meeting up now,feel as if it was the 2 of us keeping the meet and mingle alive :D

Sorry we will not be meeting up now,feel as if it was the 2 of us keeping the meet and mingle alive :D

Me too. Still, I'm sure we will meet on a cruise in the future. We couldn't transfer to the later cruise (Work and all) and the only one available on the dates we had was on Explorer. Oh well, be nice to see some sunshine in December and also NY near Christmastime.

Archived