Driver

hockeypapa

From what I've read, taxis and bus rates are very reasonable in Grand Cayman. The island itself is VERY safe, and I wouldn't have any issue with using this mode of transportation.

If I were you, I would research the places you want to visit, and use a cab or bus to take you there, or just take an organized excursion.

Unless you are comfortable with driving on the "wrong" side, I wouldn't advise renting a car in Grand Cayman. They adhere to the British way of doing things! Lol!

Taxis are not inexpensive for long rides but are fine for SMB area. The bus is $2.50 pp each way and departs downtown for West Bay every 15 min and less often for the east and north ends.

Actually driving in GC is highly recommended because the roads are in excellent shape and directions are very good. If you're looking to go to Rum Point or another area far away from the dock that's a good option. As with any destination with driving on the left you just need to keep that in your head. You can rent cars with the steering on either side, if you choose the left seat just keep your "shoulder to the shoulder".

Archived