Desi - Maitre'd on Carnival Splendor

jtpost84

Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to have Desi's email? She was the Maitre'd on the Carnival Splendor. We were supposed to get her email on debarkation day but it was a crazy day and we were unable to.

She was awesome and we were hoping to send a quick email to thank her!

Thanks!

OMG the maitre d' that told us stuff that she shouldn't have we couldn't believe it!

But the evening during lobster my father in law didn't feel well the ship rocked to him too much...not to us...and he missed his lobster well my other half and I told her he didn't feel well and upset he missing lobster the next evening she had two lobsters waiting for him....she was great but said things she shouldn't have lol

Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to have Desi's email? She was the Maitre'd on the Carnival Splendor. We were supposed to get her email on debarkation day but it was a crazy day and we were unable to.

Thanks!

She was the best we have ever had after so many cruises. She was great!!!

Its not right for me to write and tell here but I realize I stirred the pot....I truely sorry Desi but honestly you shouldnt said the two things you did.

I only tell one of them I need to respect her...she came up to our table and we got to talking and my father in law said something that she reminded him of a greek actress or famous greek person can't recall the name....and she said "greek people are ugly, Im not"....well I say nomore.

Its not right for me to write and tell here but I realize I stirred the pot....I truely sorry Desi but honestly you shouldnt said the two things you did.

I only tell one of them I need to respect her...she came up to our table and we got to talking and my father in law said something that she reminded him of a greek actress or famous greek person can't recall the name....and she said "greek people are ugly, Im not"....well I say nomore.

I think that Dessi was joking but if you were Greek, you might take offense. No way in the world would Dessi be rude or thoughtless. She probably laughed or smiled after she said it! Like some English and Australians take offense if you guess them at being from the other country. I was ignornant once, thinking all Oriental people liked each other and did not mind being confused for being from another country. I told a group of Chinese girls that my best friend(we were flight attendants working a flight together) was Japanese-their comment-'she not bad looking for Japanese girl'. Some Spainsh people get offended if you think they are Mexican and vice versa. Some Yankees get upset if you think they are Southerns-I am a Yankee living in NC-they call us Damn Yankees-because we came to the south and are not going back. Never take that as an insult. Some Europeans get insulted if you think they are from another country in Europe, like we meld them all as one nationality. No insult to any people from any country. There is always a little country pride/jealousy between different companies. I see people from US insulting people from other countries on CC and vice versa-sometimes it makes me defensive but not never think they are rude. I do not believe Dessi was either.

I do not think Dessi has a mean bone in her body and would never mean to be offensive or hurtful, in her position as a MD or as a human being.

We are not greek and she was NOT joking at all, in fact she made a face after she said they are ugly people and that was no joke no laugh after either she actually repeated it twice but she did say it to us in a low voice so nobody else around us heard...then she said another thing about another nationality we were shocked she said those things but she knew we were Italian and knew she wasen't offending us so guess she just was being open and honest with us and just telling us how she felt. We never would forget that ever sometimes we joke around about Desi and what she said comes up from time to time especially when we talk about cruises lol

My father in law was 66 at that time we were 46 trust us we know when people are joking and when they serious. When she walked away it was my father in law who said first "she shouldn't have talked that way".

I totally agree with you about what you said about the many nationalities...we also yankee...we lived in south florida 25 years well we were all accepted up here in northern Florida (true floridians) we get comments all the time about our accents and they probably do call us under their breath damn yankees lol once I had somebody say that to me not the damn word but your a yankee...my answer was I live over 25 years here in Florida I am a Floridian now just as if a foreigner turns into a citizen living here in the usa for 13 years well they had nothing more to say to us lol.

She was not rude in saying this just stated her opinion just like we all have our own opinions regarding many other issues. Its fine we actually not remember any of our maitre'ds but we remember her in a funny way nothing bad.;)

Desi is awesome! I'm not one to pay attention to who our CD is, or even remember our cabin steward's name after we return home from our cruise, but Desi made our last cruise unforgettable!

She's currently getting ready to take over on the Spirit. I don't have her email, I'm sorry.

I can try and get it in September for you if no one else gets it before then.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

slmaitred@carnival.com

Archived