Dawn Princess formal nights

t60

How formal are formal nights on DP?

We´ve been told that Australian cruises are very casual affairs, so do the majority of passengers wear tux etc

Sandy in Spain

How formal are formal nights on DP?

We´ve been told that Australian cruises are very casual affairs, so do the majority of passengers wear tux etc

Sandy in Spain

Most men will wear jacket and (possibly) tie and some of them will be quite elegant in designer suits or jackets.

The minority would wear a tux but more women will go for sparkle and a special outfit. There is no anytime dining option on Princess cruises on Sun,Dawn and Sea out of Australia so you will be with the same table companions in the MDR each night. Australians tend to be very straightforward about conventions and are likely to say straight out - We will not see you on formal nights - prefer to stay casual. Some will dress down - some will dress up. I reckon you carry your sense of occasion with you! Colleen

T60

We were on the "Sun" in April this year to NZ. We were on a table of 10 and everyone turned up for the "formals". All of the men had a coat and tie, the women mainly in "cocktail" wear. (My wife should be writing this) There was a reasonable proportion of tuxedos and dinner suits with bow ties but I would guess they would have been 25% of the men.

Although it was a bit of a nuisance taking along a coat in the suitcase it was worth it to join in for the occasion of the "formals".

John

Until our last cruise round the med in May, we have always dressed up for Formal nights, (I think the men always look good in a tux)

i was a little concerned we might be over dressed on a mainly Oz cruise

Sandy in Spain

Until our last cruise round the med in May, we have always dressed up for Formal nights, (I think the men always look good in a tux)

i was a little concerned we might be over dressed on a mainly Oz cruise

Sandy in Spain

No you won't. My husband always wears a tux on formal nights on Princess cruises, and in recent times, on P&O cruises, he now wears a lounge suit instead of a tux.

I wear full-length dresses/skirts on Princess cruises, and usually a knee-length cocktail dress on P&O cruises.

Archived