Reflection smoking area

CaroleSS

We just booked cabins on the 6th floor hump (6235). Just below us is Bistro on Five and Captain's Club. I've read that that area is a designated smoking area.

Will we be bothered by smoke while we sit on our balcony? Did we make a huge mistake??:confused:

You will probably be fine -- there is a smoking area on the port side but you never know how many people on board will be smoking, nor what the weather will be. Probably any smoke will drift away. If you want to be absolutely sure that you never smell smoke, you should change to the starboard side but it's usually not much of a problem.

Smoking is on the 5th floor promenade area. But honestly, even when we travelled with smokers and we were sitting next to them out there, it dissipated quickly when we were at sea. Now if you're in port, it may be a different story. A few nights it was so windy that they actually closed that area and made everyone go up to the other smoking area on the pool deck. So you may get lucky that way too.

I wouldn't let the possibility of a little smoke worry me. And I am very sensitive to it. I think you will be fine.

It depends how sensitive you are to smoke; many people do report being bothered by smoke from the deck below when booking near midship on deck six portside. I personally would not book a room on decks 6 through 8 midship port and if you are sensitive to smoke I encourage you to try and switch rooms.

Thanks CruiseStitch!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

If the worry about potential smoke issues is serious enough for you to post a question about it, why take any chances?

Instead of keeping your fingers crossed, why not use them to call your TA, or X, and change your cabin to a location that won't be a problem?:confused:

Changing cabins would be rather difficult. We actually have 6 cabins and it was a pain to get them all in a row.

I was remiss in not doing my due dilligence ahead of time in researching where the smoking area was ahead of time, but to be honest - it never crossed my mind! At this point I guess we are stuck with what we have.

At least we know what we're getting into. There's plenty of space on decks for us to go if the smoke gets to us!

Changing cabins would be rather difficult. We actually have 6 cabins and it was a pain to get them all in a row.

I was remiss in not doing my due dilligence ahead of time in researching where the smoking area was ahead of time, but to be honest - it never crossed my mind! At this point I guess we are stuck with what we have.

At least we know what we're getting into. There's plenty of space on decks for us to go if the smoke gets to us!

That's a shame, but I agree, not much you can do about it. Have a great time. If you open up the balcony dividers you'll have the longest balcony on the ship!

That's a shame, but I agree, not much you can do about it. Have a great time. If you open up the balcony dividers you'll have the longest balcony on the ship!

Yes, we plan to do exactly that! :D We've found that trying to find seating for all 12 of us is difficult, so we plan to order room service for breakfast and eat out on the balcony.

Pass the mamosas please!!!!:p:p

Archived