Camp Carnival activities/free time

KatieCharlotte

We are considering a family cruise on the Magic but would like to be reassured that our kids will be happy spending a couple hours in Camp Carnival during sea days. Our 8 yr old can sometimes be introverted and might not want to participate in many group activities. She's fine at school, but since this is her vacation too I want her to be happy. Are there times when she could go to Camp Carnival and just read her book or play quietly with legos or a similiar toy, or will the sea days be filled with mandatory group activities? Will there be any time during the day when she and her younger sister or older brother would be together in one room, even though they are in separate groups?

Does anyone have a link for Camp Carnival fun times from a Magic 7 day cruise, so I can give them an idea what kinds of activities there will be? My son will only be interested in sports, ice cream, and video games. :)

Can't speak for the Magic, but on the Freedom, my kids were all in the same room but separated by groups. There were organized activities that were listed in the CC paper, so you can avoid those times if your daughter will not like those. There are video games, books and board games also.

If you use the after 10pm services, the kids are all together (at least that was our experience.)

Archived