Island Virgin

jennand

Well, its my first time on IE, I've done Destiny x2 and Celebration along with 1 Celebrity cruise. Keep coming back to Thomson though. We're doing Med Adventure on 9th Oct. This time though we thought we'd treat ourselves to a premier stateroom. However, when we went to book, we realised that the only premiers were on deck 7 and the promenade under the lifeboats runs outside the windows. On previous Thomson cruises, this promenade gets quite busy with overflow from the sunbed areas, especially on sea days. It fazed us a bit and changed our minds and booked a standard outside, 7502 right at the front. I do hope we made the right decision. I'm disappointed about the premier cabin, but still looking forward to the cruise. Can we expect a similar experience to other Thomson ships? I know there all slightly different. We really enjoyed the Destiny dining room entertainment from the waiters, is there any on IE ? there wasn't on the Celebration.

We will be going through the itinerary a bit more and choosing any possible excursions, so will come back here with more questions.

Deck 8 has the promenade deck but it doesn't go all the way round, you have to cut through the ship to get to the other side. There are cabins which face onto this and they have net curtains up. Deck 8 is the smoking deck and can get quite congested with passengers using it at all times of the day and evening. We had a cabin right at the front of deck 8 last year and wished that we hadn't as the ship pitches and rolls a bit with it being an ex-ferry and there was a loud banging noise all night, every night, like someone hitting the ship with a sledgehammer. The previous year we were on deck 9 and had a lot better stability in our cabin as we were midships and the cabin was much better in size and decor than on deck 8 but we had a tender outside the window, cabin 9048. When we dined last year in the Oasis there was no movement in there at all so I would suggest that you would be ok on deck 7 if you want an ordinary cabin as it is quite central for everything but maybe change your cabin to midships or deck 9 but perhaps a bit forward of midships where the de-luxe cabins are. Deck 9 is good for access to the Beachcomber restaurant, the pool, gym and beauty salon, outside space, etc. on deck 10. Hope I'm making sense.:):)

Archived