Ecstasy Suites..are they worth it?

belkin

Hi, we are sailing on the Ecstasy this November and currently have an aft cabin booked U226. I was just checking prices and noticed that we can book a junior suite for an additional $40. Not sure I like the location in the front of the ship and it looks like there may not be much privacy. Just wondering if anybody who has had one of these cabins can give me some input?

Also it would be an extra $140pp to move up to a Grand Suite. Would it be worth it? I love the aft view so not sure I want to give that up but would be very interested to hear what others have to say. Thanks!!

Thanks fire...guess I was kinda caught up in the moment when I figured I could get a junior suite for $40 more but was not all that impressed when I seen some of the pics. If I do decide to move it will have to be the Grand Suite and I dont really feel like paying and extra $280.

staying put, not going out much

Im still confused what you think would be worth staying in this cabin over the aft facing balcony OP is in now.

She has a double deep balcony, which I think would be 185 s.f. plus 70 s.f. balcony she can have lounge chairs on.

This is what she would be moving to, probably a semi private cabin, many show as obstructed.

Sleeps up to: 3

Avg sq ft cabin: 220

Balcony: 30

The 30 s.f. balcony, your feet are up against the rail in a regular upright chair... smaller even than a standard balcony which is 35 s.f... very small balcony, for a little larger cabin.

These dont even have the whirlpool tub on this class of ship.. have to move up to a grand suite to get them.

Just a regular bath tub on Fantasy class, this category.

I would rather have the larger balcony she has now.

We had a junior suite on Ecstasy and we were very disappointed. No better than a regular balcony room. We'd had a suite on Sensation prior to that sailing and Ecstasy was a real let down...

Carnival suites are not really suites other than name. No real perks compared to their competition. Go to YouTube to see NCL or Celebrity suites. Those are the real deal. Save your money, don't be fooled by their marketing word, "suite".

Thanks for all the input. Most likely will stay with the aft balcony. I dont think we would like the junior suites because the balcony looks way to small. We spend a lot of time on the balcony and a fair amount in the room. Basically dont spend anytime to speak of on the Lido deck but we like to walk around the ship a few times a day and always scan the fun time for things we are interested in.

The only move I would consider at this point is to a grand suite and think we should just save the $280 it would cost towards another cruise.

The junior suite on the Ecstasy does have an advantage over a balcony room on this ship -- it has a sofa. It is more like a regular balcony room that you would find on the Conquest class ship. The regular balcony rooms on the Ecstacy do not have a sofa - just a chair.

We had an upgrade in March to the suite (junior suite) and much preferred it over a regular balcony on this class ship. That said, it was the tiniest balcony we had ever had, darn near unusable.

Overall, even with that tiny balcony, I would prefer the jr suit over a regular balcony cabin on the Ecstasy for a cruise that is more than 3 days just for the comfort of the cabin itself.

I haven't had an aft balcony on the Ecstasy yet, but will have one in a couple weeks.

Archived