How close to sailing can you order from Bon Voyage?

beckymomof2

My Mother-in-Law tried to call and add OBC to my booking once. She called 6 days prior and was told that yes, she could do it but there were some extra steps if you do it within 14 days of your sail date. She had to make a photocopy of the front and back of her CC, sign and date a CC authorization letter they emailed to her and then fax it all back to them before the OBC would be applied. This is only if you're trying to add OBC 14 days or less before your sail date.

HTH!

My Mother-in-Law tried to call and add OBC to my booking once. She called 6 days prior and was told that yes, she could do it but there were some extra steps if you do it within 14 days of your sail date. She had to make a photocopy of the front and back of her CC, sign and date a CC authorization letter they emailed to her and then fax it all back to them before the OBC would be applied. This is only if you're trying to add OBC 14 days or less before your sail date.

HTH!

Yes that helps. I called Bon Voyage for a different reason and when she asked if I needed anything else I said no but maybe I'll call back later and add more. She mentioned something about it being close to sailing and having to fax something. I figured forget it so didn't ask anything else. So what you are describing is probably what she was talking about.

I think I will forget adding anything else. I'll just call it good and pay off my credit card as soon as we are off the ship. :D

So when is the best time to order from them? I already know what I want but we don't cruise for a long time. Is 3 weeks out best?

Thanks!

You can start ordering now if you want. Some people don't want to have to spend the money until they have to but I prefer to have everything planned out and paid for so I would start now.

One thing is if there is any chance you won't make the trip, you might wait to order. We bought trip insurance just in case work or illness kept us from going but that's the only thing that would.

Some people like to call in on each of their paydays and put money down on their on board credit to help budget the money out a little.

So you can order as soon as you want but I would say have your ordering done a week or two before sailing. Unless it is a tuxedo rental have it done more than two weeks ahead because I know for sure two weeks is the cut off for that.

Archived