Pullman Paris Montparnasse Advice??

karen sharpe

Has anyone stayed in this hotel ....would you stay there again? as I said in a previous message it is conveniently across from the train station and is connected to an AMA river tour. I am concerned though about reports of it being in a poor area of Paris and missing out on the Paris "experience".

Has anyone stayed in this hotel ....would you stay there again? as I said in a previous message it is conveniently across from the train station and is connected to an AMA river tour. I am concerned though about reports of it being in a poor area of Paris and missing out on the Paris "experience".

Karen, you may want to check out Trip Advisor reviews for hotels.

Here is the one on this one and those concerns seem well grounded.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d228799-Reviews-Pullman_Paris_Montparnasse-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Maybe the river tour is good. I don't know what an AMA river tour is. But the regular Seine River cruises boats are easily accessible from the Metro. You may be better off staying in a nicer area. Trip Advisor is a great place to begin your search. That's what we did before winding up at the Hotel Gramont Opera and it was one of the best decisions we made. Good luck.

Karen, you may want to check out Trip Advisor reviews for hotels.

Here is the one on this one and those concerns seem well grounded.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d228799-Reviews-Pullman_Paris_Montparnasse-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Maybe the river tour is good. I don't know what an AMA river tour is. But the regular Seine River cruises boats are easily accessible from the Metro. You may be better off staying in a nicer area. Trip Advisor is a great place to begin your search. That's what we did before winding up at the Hotel Gramont Opera and it was one of the best decisions we made. Good luck.

Yes the reviews on trip advisor are what has me hesitating in booking this hotel. I appreciate your input.

We're booked on an AMA cruise out of Paris next April, and I checked out the reviews of this hotel, too. I note that there is a mix of good and bad regarding the reviews, but I note that the important thing is that the rooms are CLEAN.

I guess we'll see what AMA says before I pay the final amt. this week.

We took a eriver cruise with Avalon a few years ago and the hotel they use is right in the same area.Not sure if it is the same hotel.It is not a great area so we stayed at another hotel in the 5th arrd for 4 days before our river cruise and took a taxi to the cruise hotel the 1st day of the cruise. The taxi was about 12 euro from the Latin Quarter to the Monteparnasse area.The Monteparnasse area is seedy,but safe and not at all convenient so you might want to do what we did ,stay in a better area and take a taxi to get to the cruise hotel when you have to.

Did you not just ask this question a week or so ago?You are getting some of the same advice as you got then.If you can upgrade to a different area do so.

• 3 weeks later...

There really is not much wrong in staying in the Montparnasse area. One MUST DO in Montparnasse is to have lu nch or dinner at Le Ciel De Paris restaurant. This eatery is located on the top floor of the Montaprnasse twoer with an astonishing view over Paris. It looks towards the seine and all the best known icons of this great city are spread out in front of you. If you know it's name, the monument will be in the panorama spread out in front of you. The food is very nice, the presentation excellent and the price quite reasonable. Consider the following: To go up the Eiffel tower you have to cue up for at least an hour and spend 5 euro. Take that away from the cost of the lunch and immediately, it becomes acceptable. Check out the website and book ahead.

I go there every time I am in Paris.

Having said that though, I would suggest staying closer to Les Grand Boullevarde, Montmartre or the Left bank. On our last stay we spend 5 days at Hotel Corona Opera and will be booking it again next year.

http://www.paris-hotel-corona-opera.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived