Mayan princess roatan question

CENTEX CRUISER

Has anyone done the all inclusive Mayan Princess day pass. If so was the food worth it , or would it be better to just do the $10 deal , and buy what you want.Also could you say what cab fare from Coxen or mahogany Bay was. Thanks for any info.

Mayan Day Passes

All Inclusive Roatan Beach Resort Cruise Excursion

Resort & Beach Day Pass - $10 per person

Includes:

Resort and Beach Access

Beach Chairs

Restroom access

Access to the Restaurant

Resort & Beach Day Pass, All inclusive - $49 per person

Includes:

Buffet Lunch

Unlimited Non Alcoholic drinks (soft drinks, coffee, tea)

Limited Alcoholic drinks (Local rum, vodka and imperial beer)

Resort and Beach Access

Beach Chairs

Restroom access

Access to the Restaurant

Here's my two cents worth.....:)

Why limit yourself to one place ?

West Bay Beach is about a mile long. There are lots of areas to plop down. Unless you are wanting access to a pool you really don't need to pay for a day pass.

If you take a taxi from Coxen hole it should run @ $20 We paid $25.00 from the airport (recently returned from a 1 week stay) with all our luggage and dive gear. Mahogany Bay is a bit further so maybe a bit more. You can negotiate for a driver to stay with you for the day too.....we paid $15.00 per person (45.00 since there was 3 of us) from Coxen hole our first trip there on a cruise and he took us wherever we wanted and waited for us.

Have the driver take you to the Bananarama beach access...... then you can rent chairs/loungers for like $5.00

You can eat at any place along the beach, there are lots to choose from. Even Infinity Bay will allow you into the secure area of the property if you eat at the palapa bar restaurant. We found the food to be really really good too!

You can use the restrooms when eating at an establishment too. But pool access is not included.

The best snorkeling area is down by the end of the beach near Bananarama, Infinity Bay and Tabyana...... a bit of a walk from Mayan Princess.

Guess this doesn't really address your original question, but hope it helps anyway :D You will love Roatan and West Bay Beach !! We are going back for Christmas with our grown kids ....... yippppeeee

Thanks a bunch..We have been to Roatan twice , Victor Bodden once, Christopher once, and just wanted a beach day , so sounds like you have the right idea...Is it $20 from Coxen for the cab ? Surely not per person. If so might as well book Bodden again as there will be 4 of us , which would be $100 for the cab, but that is for all day , and we only need trans to and from West end. Really appreciate your input..

Here's my two cents worth.....:)

Why limit yourself to one place ?

West Bay Beach is about a mile long. There are lots of areas to plop down. Unless you are wanting access to a pool you really don't need to pay for a day pass.

If you take a taxi from Coxen hole it should run @ $20 We paid $25.00 from the airport (recently returned from a 1 week stay) with all our luggage and dive gear. Mahogany Bay is a bit further so maybe a bit more. You can negotiate for a driver to stay with you for the day too.....we paid $15.00 per person (45.00 since there was 3 of us) from Coxen hole our first trip there on a cruise and he took us wherever we wanted and waited for us.

Have the driver take you to the Bananarama beach access...... then you can rent chairs/loungers for like $5.00

You can eat at any place along the beach, there are lots to choose from. Even Infinity Bay will allow you into the secure area of the property if you eat at the palapa bar restaurant. We found the food to be really really good too!

You can use the restrooms when eating at an establishment too. But pool access is not included.

The best snorkeling area is down by the end of the beach near Bananarama, Infinity Bay and Tabyana...... a bit of a walk from Mayan Princess.

Guess this doesn't really address your original question, but hope it helps anyway :D You will love Roatan and West Bay Beach !! We are going back for Christmas with our grown kids ....... yippppeeee

If you take a taxi from Coxen hole it should run @ $20 We paid $25.00 from the airport (recently returned from a 1 week stay) with all our luggage and dive gear.

The $25 from the airport (Coxen Hole) to West Bay and it is ONLY ONE WAY.

There are very few taxi hanging about in West Bay waiting for a one way fare back to the ship. You are far better off given your time issues to book Per Person for both directions.

I truly believe people are far better off with one of the day passes, this way you are not wasting time wandering the beach looking for the best price on chairs, the best price on food, Bananarama has a very good deal with transport included, Foster's does as well.

Thanks a bunch..We have been to Roatan twice , Victor Bodden once, Christopher once, and just wanted a beach day , so sounds like you have the right idea...Is it $20 from Coxen for the cab ? Surely not per person. If so might as well book Bodden again as there will be 4 of us , which would be $100 for the cab, but that is for all day , and we only need trans to and from West end. Really appreciate your input..

OK, so you know the area.......

It is per cab - NOT per person.

I guess I again have to say we found taxis "hanging" out right behind Bananarama including our guy who was waiting for us. There is a somewhat parking lot where they sit ........ and if there isn't one available one of the guys waiting sure will get you one muy pronto :D They all have "friends" ......

And I must say too that a day pass works great for some, but I am not one who likes to feel tied to one little area of such a beautiful long white pristine beach ;) most places charge $5. for a chair/lounger and I would much rather find a less crowded spot (depending on where all the cruisers are that day) and plop down. I also like being able to decide what I want to eat based on what I feel like that day.....not someone else's idea of what should be on a "buffet" But maybe that doesn't work for everyone......

OK, so you know the area.......

It is per cab - NOT per person.

I guess I again have to say we found taxis "hanging" out right behind Bananarama including our guy who was waiting for us. There is a somewhat parking lot where they sit ........ and if there isn't one available one of the guys waiting sure will get you one muy pronto :D They all have "friends" ......

And I must say too that a day pass works great for some, but I am not one who likes to feel tied to one little area of such a beautiful long white pristine beach ;) most places charge $5. for a chair/lounger and I would much rather find a less crowded spot (depending on where all the cruisers are that day) and plop down. I also like being able to decide what I want to eat based on what I feel like that day.....not someone else's idea of what should be on a "buffet" But maybe that doesn't work for everyone......

It is easy enough to purchase the transport/lounger package vs the lunch included, in addition the only buffet I know is at Tabyana, both Bananarama and Foster's have restaurants. My mistake, looks like Mayan offers a buffet as well.

I understand being willing to take a chance on a cab or having someone call one but with the time constraints I don't suggest this. Were you on the island for days and had nothing to do but wait for a friend then by all means.

Tis personal choice, I only post so the OP knows the whole of the possibilities.

One other thought I had while walking the dogs... the only taxi rate that is regulated on the island is from the airport, all others are haggled.

Personally, I like to know what I am getting into before hand..the last thing I want to do is be worried about getting back to the ship and having to haggle best taxi rate. :0)

I have heard you can ride the mini bus real cheap, but have not actually talked to anyone who has...I know the harbor security guy, Larry , pretty well. I wish I had thought to ask him.He is a very nice man. Took us for a tour all around Coxen last time..Forgot to ask. We ate at Half Moon Bay once , and really liked it. Any opinions on that ? Thanks again :)

One other thought I had while walking the dogs... the only taxi rate that is regulated on the island is from the airport, all others are haggled.

Personally, I like to know what I am getting into before hand..the last thing I want to do is be worried about getting back to the ship and having to haggle best taxi rate. :0)

Indeed one can ride the mini bus from Coxen Hole to West End, then if one wishes to visit West Bay hop a water taxi. When I am down, if I need to get to the market I take this route.

This is an account of one person have taken the mini bus/water taxi route.

Half Moon Bay is in a nice spot, the view is amazing and if ya wanna snorkel you can... but if you have been there and not seen West Bay. I think West Bay is a good option... the beauty of the place with take your breath away... but understand everyone wants to see it.

I agree - you can head to West End Village first, eat and shop and then take a water taxi over to West Bay Beach for $3.00 per person. Takes about 8-10 minutes and you get to see the coast from the water. It is beautiful.

We ate lunch one day at Lighthouse Restaurant in West End. Have heard that they can be hit or miss but we must have gotten lucky because we had a really good meal !!! Dh had fried lobster - 1.5 tails w/fries and fruit for $9.00 and I had the lobster melt. Lobster salad on an English muffin with cheese melted on top. OMG it was good. Also @ $8-9.00

Archived