2 year old in new Splash Academy

Keeper420

So we are going on the Breakaway next December and our youngest son will be 2 years and 11 months. I know that clubs are pretty strict about age groups, and now the Splash academy says the age starts at 3. When we went on the EPIC in 2010 our then 2 and a half year old could be left there no problem (they just gave us a beeper in case of a diaper change). Hopefully, our youngest will be potty trained by then (fingers crossed), but will it be a problem to drop him off at the kids club since he won't be 3? My oldest son will be 5 and am sure he will have a blast and my youngest wants to do stuff with all the time. Is this going to be a problem? Does anyone have any knowledge of the new rules or has been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

The two year olds will only be allowed in the 3-5 year old group until the end of this December. There is talk of the implementation of a nursery 6 months to three years old, but this hasn't been established yet. I don't know if this is free either. There is an "Under two Zoo" room set aside with some toys, games etc. but parents must be with their child (not a drop-off grouping). They also have certain parents & child actvities at scheduled times during the day. This info is from our experiences on the Star two weeks ago. Hope this helps.

So we are going on the Breakaway next December and our youngest son will be 2 years and 11 months. I know that clubs are pretty strict about age groups, and now the Splash academy says the age starts at 3. When we went on the EPIC in 2010 our then 2 and a half year old could be left there no problem (they just gave us a beeper in case of a diaper change). Hopefully, our youngest will be potty trained by then (fingers crossed), but will it be a problem to drop him off at the kids club since he won't be 3? My oldest son will be 5 and am sure he will have a blast and my youngest wants to do stuff with all the time. Is this going to be a problem? Does anyone have any knowledge of the new rules or has been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

There have been a few discussions on this. They are firm and strict on the ages. That being said, It appears they are phasing in the elimination of the drop off for the under 3 age group (2-3) for the New Splash Academy, but it has been stated that beginning Jan 2013, there will be no drop off if under age 3. There are a couple set "family" activities for the under 2 currently, that I'm assuming will be the same for the under 3 come Jan 2013, if that date is correct.

I just got off the Star a couple weeks ago and did see these activities listed. I also heard from a few people say that these Under 2 activities are better than the past, but I will stress, No Drop off if currently under 2 and soon this will be for under 3.

Hope this info helps

Seems like they are trying to discourage young children from being brought on cruises now. They are making a lot of changes in that direction.

I said the same thing on another related thread.

Guess it is just not financially advantageous for NCL to support the under 3 age group. So glad my son is now 9 and we can just cruise without those types of worries. He loves the kids programs and we have a blast cruising

Archived