Looking for info on Rio private tour

Attaway, we have toured with Rafael Torres both in 2009 and 2011. He is an outstanding guide, particularly if you enjoy seeing out-of-the-way places. Perfect English, knowledgeable and dependable, and truly passionate about his country and giving his traveling "friends" the best possible experience. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Maxine

Attaway - I heartily second Maxine's recommendation of Rafael Torres (Rafa). His knowledge of his city, combined with his great love of sharing it with visitors, makes him a superb guide. If there was not current contact info for him on the S. America forum, please post here so that I can give you the contact info. Rafa will make the best use of your time in Rio. As for our time there, our favorite experience was the helicopter tour over the city. Truly memorable. Here's the website for the tour, which Rafa can arrange for you if you're interested: http://www.helisight.com.br/home/ If the site comes up in Portuguese, simply click on the little U.S. flag in the top left corner of the screen to see everything in English.

Cheers, Fred

Thanks, I will check him out. Any info on a website?

You can find Rafa by going to Trip Advisor and typing in his name, Rafael Torres Lopes Tour Guide. In addition to others' reviews, there will be links to his website and his email.

Enjoy your time in Rio!

Maxine

Attaway - Camano Island has changed a lot and now has about 15,000 residents. Of course, we wanted to pull up the bridge as soon as we moved here (about 20 years ago).

Here is Rafa's email address: donrafainrio@yahoo.es

Here is a link to his website: http://donrafaguestsinrio.blogspot.com

Please understand that, like a lot of busy guides, he sometimes cannot respond to someone within hours, as he usually is busy guiding clients, to which he devotes the entirety of his attention (duh...). A few posters on CC have complained that he, like several other popular guides in Rio, has not responded immediately to their inquiry. The current notion in the instant communication age that everyone must respond within minutes to any electronic communication is rather annoying. People have jobs and lives - email can sometimes wait a bit, no??

In any event (forgive my small rant about the current social mores regarding instant communication expectations), Rafa will get back to you as soon as he can and will be enormously responsive to any special wishes you might have for your time in the marvelous city of Rio.

Cheers, Fred

Archived