Carnival Pride Questions

Hi to all; I have a couple questions:

1. Staying at Hyatt Place BWI for $133 is this decent hotel/price. How far is it to pier?

2. Do u need to take your life jackets to Muster Call?

3. Is there a way to hear the announcements without having to open the cabin door? ie, some sort of switch to turn on/off inside cabin?

thanks for any help here!

FunCruiser

1. Staying at Hyatt Place BWI for $133 is this decent hotel/price. How far is it to pier? Haven't stayed here so not sure.

2. Do u need to take your life jackets to Muster Call? Not anymore, but it's still a good idea to try them on in your cabin, just to make sure you have the straps adjusted and nothing is broken.

3. Is there a way to hear the announcements without having to open the cabin door? ie, some sort of switch to turn on/off inside cabin? No, not that I know of, but I consider this a good thing. I don't think you want to hear all announcements.

FunCruiser

I love the Pride...going on this ship again this month. You'll have a great time!

Never stated at a hotel here :)

No life jackets needed at the drill but make sure you know where they are.

You can most announcements but not all. I think it depends on who's talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Never stayed at the Hyatt but there are many hotes in the area with park/cruise packages or shuttles to the terminal.

You do not have to take the life vest to the drill.

And it seemed that most announcements were not heard in the room unless they were significant (i.e. safety drills, etc.)

Just got off the Pride today. The hotel is only about 10 mins or so from the Port, so you are close by.

For the Muster drill, ours was at 330pm I beleive and only kids under 18 had to have the life jackets if I remember correctly, but adults dont need them. but like poster above said, just put them on in the room and adjust them for yourselves

As for the annoucements, we heard zero announcements in the room. I never did see a switch for the speaker either. CD will make announcements throughout the day and the Captain will make an announcement around noon about the weather, conditions and any other special announcements he needs to make at that time

Just got off the Pride today. The hotel is only about 10 mins or so from the Port, so you are close by.

For the Muster drill, ours was at 330pm I beleive and only kids under 18 had to have the life jackets if I remember correctly, but adults dont need them. but like poster above said, just put them on in the room and adjust them for yourselves

As for the annoucements, we heard zero announcements in the room. I never did see a switch for the speaker either. CD will make announcements throughout the day and the Captain will make an announcement around noon about the weather, conditions and any other special announcements he needs to make at that time

Quick questions:

So all kids under the age of 18 were required to wear their life jackets to the Safety Drill? And, do you remember who your Captain was?

Thanks,:)

When I went the announcements weren't in the room until the morning we were supposed to get off the ship. They did it like they were going to force everyone to wake up and get off the ship :p. Let's just say we got up at that point.

Not 100% sure but I believe if you have the TV on one of the ship camera stations (lido bow, or stern) that the annoucements will air then in the room

The pride is wonderful you will have a blast so easy to move around on the spirit class ships

Thanks to all for quick replies to questions.

Does anyone know if Pride does the martini samples? Was on Legend a while back & got 4 martinis for $10 :D

Also, are the Formal Nites are 1st Sea Day (Mon) and Freeport Day (Fri.)?

looking forward to some well needed R&R!

C/BB:)

Just got off the Pride yesterday.... and happy to be home. Our first Carnival cruise and lets just say for the most part, we were NOT impressed! Were some good things... but the bad far outweighed them. Plan to do a short review soon, but if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them, in an honest way!

As I said, I plan to do a review, haven't had a chance to get all my thoughts together and don't want to turn this OP's question into my thread. In a quick nutshell though, although the decor was not our taste ( found it dark and confining)... and that is a matter of personal opinion, we thought the ship was not maintained well, most of the service was very poor and the food was substandard - and we are not snobs!!!

As I said, I plan to do a review, haven't had a chance to get all my thoughts together and don't want to turn this OP's question into my thread. In a quick nutshell though, although the decor was not our taste ( found it dark and confining)... and that is a matter of personal opinion, we thought the ship was not maintained well, most of the service was very poor and the food was substandard - and we are not snobs!!!

Okay. This should be interesting.

1. Staying at Hyatt Place BWI for $133 is this decent hotel/price. How far is it to pier?

2. Do u need to take your life jackets to Muster Call?

3. Is there a way to hear the announcements without having to open the cabin door? ie, some sort of switch to turn on/off inside cabin?

FunCruiser

I have not stayed in that hotel, but I am staying in the LaQuinta for $129 for the night and for parking while on the cruise. It also includes breakfast and the shuttle service back and forth to the port. So I would guess $133 is a good price.

Quick questions:

So all kids under the age of 18 were required to wear their life jackets to the Safety Drill? And, do you remember who your Captain was?

Thanks,:)

Im trying to rack my brain to remember if they did or didnt.

Our Captain was great, Capt. Vito Giacalone.

I cant recall if the kids needed them or not, sorry :(

Going on the Pride in Oct. Does anyone know if you eat the first night (embarkation night) in David's steakhouse do you get a free bottle of wine? I think I have read this but wanted to make sure.

not 100% sure, but I recall hearing something about that. I will have to review my fun times and see if there is anything in there about that but I do recall hearing something about the free bottle of wine when you make your reservations at the steakhouse.

I just looked at the Fun Times for sunday and I didnt see anything in there about it but I do recall something about that.

Thanks to all for quick replies to questions.

Does anyone know if Pride does the martini samples? Was on Legend a while back & got 4 martinis for $10 :D

Also, are the Formal Nites are 1st Sea Day (Mon) and Freeport Day (Fri.)?

looking forward to some well needed R&R!

C/BB:)

Looking back thru my fun times, On sunday, you have World Famous Martini time it is 4 martinis for the price of one. Held 5pm-10pm at Florentines, 2 Mid and Raphaels, 3 Aft.

On Thursday, in my fun times, I see the mini martini tasting from 5-10pm in Floretines, 2 Aft. Swing by and Sample 4 flavored inspired martinins:)

Formal nites were I beleive Monday and Friday.

not 100% sure, but I recall hearing something about that. I will have to review my fun times and see if there is anything in there about that but I do recall hearing something about the free bottle of wine when you make your reservations at the steakhouse.

I just looked at the Fun Times for sunday and I didnt see anything in there about it but I do recall something about that.

Thanks for checking. Guess I'll have to ask when we get on board. I know RCI does this but only on the first night when I guess they don't get many reservations as most people go to the dining room for dinner the first night.

Archived