Can anyone compare Rhapsody of the Seas & Carnival Splendor

We are interested in taking a Mexican Riviera cruise w/Carnival Splendor but the only thing we have to compare is the Royal Caribbean Rhapsody cruise to Alaska we took. I'm a little apprehensive about Carnival, not being a party type, so I'm hoping some who have cruised both RCI & Carnival will ease my concerns. Wasn't sure whether to put this in RCI or Carnival section. Since we are traveling with kids and need 2 cabins, some of the more expensive lines are out of our price range for this trip. Thanks.

We've done 4 RCCL and 4 CCL cruises with our three kids and did Rhapsody about 5 years ago and Splendour about 2.

1. We had fun on both!! You'll find Rhapsody a little smaller and more navigable - Splendour and it's sister ships are a little harder to navigate bow to stern sine many decks do not pass through.

2. Food is comparable with Splendour maybe getting a slight edge with deli (all day) and sushi (evening) options.

3. Clientele is pretty similar - it is a bit more blue collar on carnival but, frankly we observed the worst behavior ever on one of our Royal cruises. If you stay away from 3-4 day cruises I dont think you'll experience an over the top party problem

4. As our kids grew up we moved from RCCL suites that would take 5 to balconies for us with interiors across the hall for the kids. Generally less $ on Carnival and that's what got us to try.

5. Having done many Caribbean cruises, we liked the baja itinerary on Splendor. We sailed about a month before the fire and actually renewed our vows on board. Stay the night before in Long Beach on the Queen Mary and watch Splendor dock next door!

6. The only down side of Splendor is that it is pretty gaudy - Carnival ships are generally not subdued but the colors on this one are not gentle!! There are some real perqs we liked on Carnival though! More teak decks, serenity area and stern pool/deck.

You will have fun!

We've done 4 RCCL and 4 CCL cruises with our three kids and did Rhapsody about 5 years ago and Splendour about 2.

1. We had fun on both!! You'll find Rhapsody a little smaller and more navigable - Splendour and it's sister ships are a little harder to navigate bow to stern sine many decks do not pass through.

2. Food is comparable with Splendour maybe getting a slight edge with deli (all day) and sushi (evening) options.

3. Clientele is pretty similar - it is a bit more blue collar on carnival but, frankly we observed the worst behavior ever on one of our Royal cruises. If you stay away from 3-4 day cruises I dont think you'll experience an over the top party problem

4. As our kids grew up we moved from RCCL suites that would take 5 to balconies for us with interiors across the hall for the kids. Generally less $ on Carnival and that's what got us to try.

5. Having done many Caribbean cruises, we liked the baja itinerary on Splendor. We sailed about a month before the fire and actually renewed our vows on board. Stay the night before in Long Beach on the Queen Mary and watch Splendor dock next door!

6. The only down side of Splendor is that it is pretty gaudy - Carnival ships are generally not subdued but the colors on this one are not gentle!! There are some real perqs we liked on Carnival though! More teak decks, serenity area and stern pool/deck.

You will have fun!

We (family of 6 have done Rhapsody last year and Splendor this year. I could not have said it any better than the above quote.

Archived