Cruise break A301N

Cruise_lover11

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. It's my hubby's 30th next January on 12th and he loves cruising so I have been thinking of booking the cruise break A301N to Amsterdam on 7th January. I'm just wondering what it is like sailing in January? Is the sea likely to be rough? Is it still a good experience going from Southampton at that time of year? We have only been on 2 cruises so far and these were in July and June. I know the weather can be bad in January so can't decide whether to book or not.

Thank you :)

I know it wasn't January but we did a similar cruise in December. The sea wasn't rough on that occasion - no problem at all. However, we did a cruise to the Fjords one July and it was incredibly rough going up the North Sea from where it joins the channel. Honestly I don't think there is any way of telling. If seasickness is a problem then take the necessary tablets with you.

Hi

We've booked this cruise with 2 friends and fingers crossed we'll be fine - I suffer with sea sickness! However, last December we did a Bruges break on the Arcadia and the weather had been foul but its only a short hop across the channel and we were fine. And, with a night in Amsterdam we're guaranteed one stable night:)

Archived