Question about Posters

KPGirl

I don't think that the OP is talking about the normal posters who criticize some of the changes made by Carnival or something that happened on their recent cruise.

I have seen some posters though that I wonder why they are posting on the Carnival boards because their comments are nothing more than,

"Carnival is the walmart of the seas"

I never understood the comparison, but in that idiom it certainly isn't the Neiman Markus of the Seas.

"What do you expect - low class / trailer trash / drunks are the kind of people that Carnival attracts"

Well, Crystal certainly doesn't attract them.

"Carnival is the golden corral of cruising."

I don't know what that means, but I suspect it is the similar to the Wal-mart comment.

Criticism is fine but what exactly do these people add to the conversation?

They add similes, metaphors and cliches.

They add similes, metaphors and cliches.

Golden Corral is a buffet style restaurant here. They do themes like fish, all kinds and it is pretty good if you ask me on Friday for instance. I must have low standards, as we like it. My Dad hates sit down restaurants and waiting for someone to cook his food. .. so I guess it describes a place we have eaten at numerous times.

I dont know why people hate buffet, all you can eat type of restaurants that serve good food.

This is Cruise Critic. /quote]

A critic is also "One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter" and doesn't just express negative comments.:)

Just wondeirng why people that don't like Carnival are on the Carnival Section of Cruise Critic? If you are't a fan then why are you wasting time reading posts and questions?

I thought the OP was asking why do people who DONT cruise with Carnival get on the Carnival Boards and make comments, negative or positive,

Nope.

It doesn't look like that is what the OP asked.

OP: to answer your comment, please read the second sentence in red in my signature.

In essence, if you love CCL don't worry about what anyone else thinks....

I don't think that the OP is talking about the normal posters who criticize some of the changes made by Carnival or something that happened on their recent cruise.

I have seen some posters though that I wonder why they are posting on the Carnival boards because their comments are nothing more than,

"Carnival is the walmart of the seas"

"What do you expect - low class / trailer trash / drunks are the kind of people that Carnival attracts"

"Carnival is the golden corral of cruising."

Criticism is fine but what exactly do these people add to the conversation?

Love!

Archived