Zuiderdam-May 21

sugnessie

Hey sugnessie! We have a very lively roll call thread on the roll call - please come join us & find out about your fellow cruisers. It's our 7th cruise, but 1st with HAL.

What other ships have you sailed? Have you had a western Caribbean itinerary before? Any tips to share regarding any of the ports?

Hope to hear more from you!

The Zuiderdam just began the Western itinerary on 5/7 so we are just beginning to see reviews on the western route. She's been on the eastern route for months. I have also been anxious to read some reviews for the western route. We sail Saturday & I, too, will probably post a review.

Hey sugnessie! We have a very lively roll call thread on the roll call - please come join us & find out about your fellow cruisers. It's our 7th cruise, but 1st with HAL.

What other ships have you sailed? Have you had a western Caribbean itinerary before? Any tips to share regarding any of the ports?

Hope to hear more from you!

Are there any fellow cruisers meeting on the Zui for the May 21 cruise?

Yes, we have been on western itinerary before. We have never been to Costa Maya. Half Moon Cay is wonderful....exactly like our beach Fort Desoto...only Fort DeSoto doesn't have the BBQ and tropical drinks!! We like to walk the trails, once we saw an owl and also some wild chickens...we don't lie around on the beach as we are near beaches here where we live...the nature trails are more unique for us...Grand Cayman is wonderful, although too crowded with too many ships.....we have booked thru HAL, the tour of swimming with the Stingrays. Key West tends to be crowded too..we have been there many times as we live in Florida. We like to walk around the back streets and take pictures of old buildings and old houses.

The other HAL ships we have been on were...Statendam, Ryndam, Volendam, Veendam, and Rotterdam. We were on Carnival several times until we found HAL. We also were on Princess and Royal Caribbean once. Now we just prefer HAL.

I keep a comprehensive journal when we go on any trip..whether it be by ship or car. I will write a detailed review when we return...

Yes, we have been on western itinerary before. We have never been to Costa Maya. Half Moon Cay is wonderful....exactly like our beach Fort Desoto...only Fort DeSoto doesn't have the BBQ and tropical drinks!! We like to walk the trails, once we saw an owl and also some wild chickens...we don't lie around on the beach as we are near beaches here where we live...the nature trails are more unique for us...Grand Cayman is wonderful, although too crowded with too many ships.....we have booked thru HAL, the tour of swimming with the Stingrays. Key West tends to be crowded too..we have been there many times as we live in Florida. We like to walk around the back streets and take pictures of old buildings and old houses.

The other HAL ships we have been on were...Statendam, Ryndam, Volendam, Veendam, and Rotterdam. We were on Carnival several times until we found HAL. We also were on Princess and Royal Caribbean once. Now we just prefer HAL.

I keep a comprehensive journal when we go on any trip..whether it be by ship or car. I will write a detailed review when we return...

Good afternoon!

there's quite a diverse group of us on the Roll Call message board for the 5/21 Zui cruise--yes, we're meeting in the Crow's Nest at 10pm Saturday night (with another meetup to follow Monday (location TBA) for those who couldn't make Saturday night or just want to meetup again). Feel free to join our roll call board--we've been wondering about you!

Connie:D

Theresa you must live near us unless there's another Ft DeSoto. We're in Largo and we're also going on the Zuiderdam May 21st. We're meeting in the Crow's Nest on the first night at 10pm. For those who don't want to stay up that late we thought we'd also get together on the first sea day, can't remember what time though. Check the roll call board! I figured someone would remind me at the Crow's nest! Here's a link to the roll call!!!

Cruise Critic Message Boards - Zuiderdam May 21,2005

Archived