Woo Hoo!

Did a trial run with the patch on for 2 1/2 days (it fell off so I didn't bother to use another one).

No reported side effects (even with a couple of beer)!

What a relief to know before we take our first cruise.

OH and 27 days and counting:D

I always use the "patch". However, my side effects have never started until I change the first patch out (day 3 or 4). At that time it causes blurred vision. By day 6 and 7 I can't read the menus in the dining room at all as I can't focus on anything.

(I do not wear glasses, have normal vision.)

Different things for different people. For me I can't use it. Causes very dry mouth, very blurred vision (so bad that I cannot even read) and just general feel bad. Didn't get sea sick though but it wasn't worth it. Now I use Bonine starting the night before I get on the ship and take one or two each day. Don't wait until you get sick-it's too late then.

Best to talk to your doctor about side effects of the patch since you're going to need an RX for it.

We went on our first cruise in March. I was so worried about seasickness, read all sorts of advice...i was afraid that i would be miserable because i've gotten seasick a few times before (on small fishing boats).

anyway - i decided on taking Dramamine starting the night before we cruised, then planned to take one every night. I also bought some of those wrist bands in case i needed extra help!

well, i had NO problems with seasickness!! After the second day i quit taking the dramimine all together and never had a problem.

Of course, i was lucky because we had great weather so there wasn't ever a problem with rough seas...

hopefully - you'll do fine, maybe won't even need your patch!

We went on our first cruise in March. I was so worried about seasickness, read all sorts of advice...i was afraid that i would be miserable because i've gotten seasick a few times before (on small fishing boats).

anyway - i decided on taking Dramamine starting the night before we cruised, then planned to take one every night. I also bought some of those wrist bands in case i needed extra help!

well, i had NO problems with seasickness!! After the second day i quit taking the dramimine all together and never had a problem.

Of course, i was lucky because we had great weather so there wasn't ever a problem with rough seas...

hopefully - you'll do fine, maybe won't even need your patch!

Your first paragraph describes me precisely... I hope I have the same experience you did !!!

Not sure about where you are but in Canada we do not need a RX to get the patch. I did however check with my doctor first who suggested a trial run while at home.

I cannot take bonine due to allergy to antihistamines.

And yes will also take the sea bands.

Hopefully I will not even need any of it. And if I do hopefully I do not experience side effects after the second patch.

wish me luck!

Sorry-forgot that in Canada you don't need an RX for the patch. But do hope you take his advice and try it at home first to make sure you don't have side effects that will make you feel ill.

Happy cruising!

Archived