hotels provided by Ramses Tours

juanarcin

I have been communicating with Ramses Tours and they provided a quote for my small group of three people. Their quote, as many of you may know, varies depending on the amount of people going. It is an overnight tour of cairo, and although they have been very helpful and answered all my questions, there is just one last question they never answered and I have not heard back from them, perhaps one of you who have used them before for an over night might be able to answer this for me. If they include hotel in the price, how is it determined how many rooms you get? for example if you share the tour with 6 other people on the cruise and have a total of 9 people...hotel is included...how do they give out rooms? obviously they have worked in the price of the hotel into the quoted price, but lets say that its a group of 9 and all nine are singles who want their own room! will they just stick you in a room to share with a stranger? four strangers in a room?? the reason i ask is that it will be three of us traveling but we will want 2 rooms. one for me and my significant other and another for our friend. But we dont know if they plan on putting us in one room. any one know how this works?

I have been communicating with Ramses Tours and they provided a quote for my small group of three people. Their quote, as many of you may know, varies depending on the amount of people going. It is an overnight tour of cairo, and although they have been very helpful and answered all my questions, there is just one last question they never answered and I have not heard back from them, perhaps one of you who have used them before for an over night might be able to answer this for me. If they include hotel in the price, how is it determined how many rooms you get? for example if you share the tour with 6 other people on the cruise and have a total of 9 people...hotel is included...how do they give out rooms? obviously they have worked in the price of the hotel into the quoted price, but lets say that its a group of 9 and all nine are singles who want their own room! will they just stick you in a room to share with a stranger? four strangers in a room?? the reason i ask is that it will be three of us traveling but we will want 2 rooms. one for me and my significant other and another for our friend. But we dont know if they plan on putting us in one room. any one know how this works?

I think you need to tell them that and get the quotes based on exactly what you want. There is no way they are going to give you 9 rooms if it was not figued in their quote. For example they gave us one price for the Oberoi Mena House Pyramids view room and later matched another tour guides price at $145.00 per night for 2 people.

There are differant costs depending on what you want to do. The mummy room at the Egytian museum is $20.00 per person. I think the Solar Boat Museum is $10.00 per person and lunch is $15.00 per person. The Sound and Light show is $30.00 per person. The Nile Cruise with dinner is more.

I think you need to tell them that and get the quotes based on exactly what you want. There is no way they are going to give you 9 rooms if it was not figued in their quote. For example they gave us one price for the Oberoi Mena House Pyramids view room and later matched another tour guides price at $145.00 per night for 2 people.

There are differant costs depending on what you want to do. The mummy room at the Egytian museum is $20.00 per person. I think the Solar Boat Museum is $10.00 per person and lunch is $15.00 per person. The Sound and Light show is $30.00 per person. The Nile Cruise with dinner is more.

Well thats the problem i'm having is that I asked many questions and got many answers, however now that I am asking about the hotel I have not been able to get an answer, maybe they got tired of all my questions haha. but I got a quote for 250/person (if its 2-4 people) for a two day tour with hotel included. But it is unclear to me if I get just one room or if we can get two. Like I said, I tried asking but havent been able to get an answer for this.

Well thats the problem i'm having is that I asked many questions and got many answers, however now that I am asking about the hotel I have not been able to get an answer, maybe they got tired of all my questions haha. but I got a quote for 250/person (if its 2-4 people) for a two day tour with hotel included. But it is unclear to me if I get just one room or if we can get two. Like I said, I tried asking but havent been able to get an answer for this.

Well, I am dealing with Ahmed El Attar, Senior International Sales Executive.

He has answered all of my questions in detail including which restaurants they use for lunch (he named 3 that they use). I had everything I needed answered in detail and squared away within one week.

But here is an idea. I see you are in the US and they have a toll free number so try giving them a call.

Toll free: USA/Canada 1-877-775-7633

I haven't needed to do so but might next year closer to our tour date.

One thing I did because our numbers were off by $50.00 per person after I asked for the breakdown and then received the confirmation with total, was that I put everything on an excel spread sheet. They had us mixed up with someone else who wanted the Nile dinner cruise (we are not interested in that since we are taking a cruise on the Nile from Aswan to Luxor). Apparently the dinner cruise is $50.00 per person.

I would break everything out with them on one email and seperate the hotels from the two day excursion price so they can see how many people per room. If somone is traveling solo I would expect their price would be higher if they are not sharing a hotel room. Plus tell them what hotel you wish to use.

Let us know how you make out.

$250.00 per person with 2 days touring and 1 night hotel room has to be with 2 people sharing a standard room with breakfast.

Their standard day tour price for 2-4 people is $60.00 per person per day without the hotel and that is from a Cairo hotel, but they seem to price the same if they are driving to the port in Alexandria. Their price for a standard lunch is $15.00 per person. So the base price for the standard day tour with lunch is $75.00 per person without the hotel and without the additional extras such as mummy room, inside visit to pyramids, Solar Boat Museum, Sound & Light Show or dinner cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be a single traveler with Ramses in April 2013 and they have advised me of a minimal surcharge for single occupancy on my hotel room. Just tell them that it's single occupancy and no one is sharing.

One of the dandy aspects of booking with Ramses is flexibility. Four of us couples on our roll call set up a two-day excursion from Port Said to Alexandria with Cairo overnight. Most of the arrangements were made by email from the ship after we sailed from Civitavecchia. We added a fifth couple after we met our guide at Port Said. Changes along the way were necessitated by heavy traffic and other situations, but we and the guide and driver remained optimistic and agreeable almost all the way. We got a little cranky during the last few hours before Alexandria, and we had a tiff about the tip. All of us had to commit to Mena House and the surcharge before we left Port Said, but there was no problem sorting out the number of rooms we needed.

One of the dandy aspects of booking with Ramses is flexibility. Four of us couples on our roll call set up a two-day excursion from Port Said to Alexandria with Cairo overnight. Most of the arrangements were made by email from the ship after we sailed from Civitavecchia. We added a fifth couple after we met our guide at Port Said. Changes along the way were necessitated by heavy traffic and other situations, but we and the guide and driver remained optimistic and agreeable almost all the way. We got a little cranky during the last few hours before Alexandria, and we had a tiff about the tip. All of us had to commit to Mena House and the surcharge before we left Port Said, but there was no problem sorting out the number of rooms we needed.

I hope that was just between the couples, and not an aggressive guide asking for more money?

• 8 months later...

I know it's probably a personal thing, but what do you all consider a reasonable tip for the guide and driver who do a good job on one of these Cairo overnights? We've booked one and I'm curious. If satisfied I'm a good tipper, as a rule, but I'm not used to tipping for $500 purchases, especially in third world countries. Ideas?

Archived