Cigarette purchase question....

bluehenfan

I don't smoke but my adult DD does. She lives near Pt Canaveral. On day 3 we will be docking there for the day. If I purchase a carton of cigarettes on board, can I take the carton off the ship for my DD ?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I don't smoke but my adult DD does. She lives near Pt Canaveral. On day 3 we will be docking there for the day. If I purchase a carton of cigarettes on board, can I take the carton off the ship for my DD ?

Technically yes.

They don't check you bags when you get off the ship in a port so you can take off whatever you want. You can buy them on board and take them to her. Last time we sailed, they were around $56.00 for 2 cartons or 29.95 each. Prices vary so it may be a little more or less.

What a good mother, buying you "adult" kids cigarettes. :cool:

My daughter is 47 years old. Am I happy that she smokes? NO ! I've never smoked a cigarette in 65 years. She cruises on a reg. basis herself and buys cigarettes on board or at port. My buying her a carton of cigarettes will change nothing. She has smoked since she was 16. Back then I could take them away,I could lecture her, take away car keys, ground her, etc. At 47 I give up. Nothing is going to change her and frankly, I'm tired of the subject causing tension and arguing between us. I am a good mother and you have no right to judge me.

It's snide remarks like yours that I don't understand. I found it hurtful and it's the reason I often hesitate to ask a question here. Because for everyone who tries to answer in a helpful manner, there's at least one person out there like you.

There is ALWAYS someone on these Boards to make you feel bad for asking ANY kind of question. IMO, these people should get a warning from Cruise Critic for not directly answering the question--but instead posting their own political or personal opinion. The question is a legitmate one----this person's reply is NOT! If you had wanted people's OPINION on buying cigarettes for an adult child....I'm sure you would have ASKED for their OPINION on buying cigarettes for an adult child. You did not do this. Some people just find power by hiding behind their anonymous User Name and being rude to others. I do not personally have experience with your situation...so I will NOT be offering any advice. I wish others would be so considerate.

Wow, aren't you a nasty piece of work. How pathetic that you have nothing better to do that be mean to someone on these boards.

By the way I am a lifetime non-smoker I just find your comment repulsive

My daughter is 47 years old. Am I happy that she smokes? NO ! I've never smoked a cigarette in 65 years. She cruises on a reg. basis herself and buys cigarettes on board or at port. My buying her a carton of cigarettes will change nothing. She has smoked since she was 16. Back then I could take them away,I could lecture her, take away car keys, ground her, etc. At 47 I give up. Nothing is going to change her and frankly, I'm tired of the subject causing tension and arguing between us. I am a good mother and you have no right to judge me.

It's snide remarks like yours that I don't understand. I found it hurtful and it's the reason I often hesitate to ask a question here. Because for everyone who tries to answer in a helpful manner, there's at least one person out there like you.

You are absolutely right bluehen when you say comments like that are why some folks hesitate to ask questions. I've been "flamed" a few times myself when asking very simple quesitons. I agree with the poster who said CC should really be deleting malicious comments and should ban people from posting when they make nasty comments.

Anyway, we've already given that "person" too much attention

My husband smokes and always buys his cigarettes onboard as they are much cheaper. He takes them when we go off the ship in various ports and no one has ever questioned that. You will be fine. Hope you have a nice get together with your daughter!

Don't let the idiots of the world keep you from posting on here.......this is probably the same person who smuggles alcohol on a ship; takes food off the ship and believes his cabin shou'd be ready first :D

OP - the answer to your question is yes; you can bring up to two cartons per person off of the ship - but honestly they have never checked us in all of our cruises.

Nice of you to think of your daughter

I was going to ask how much cigarettes were on board also but was afraid of being "flamed". My son, his girlfriend, my daughter-in-law and sister-in-law all smoke and were wondering if they should bring enough cigs for the 7 days or wait and buy them on board.....

Thanks for asking so now I know to tell them they are way cheaper on the ship. Of course the brands are limited but I think they are Marlboro and Camel smokers. What brands are available on the ship?

I was going to ask how much cigarettes were on board also but was afraid of being "flamed". My son, his girlfriend, my daughter-in-law and sister-in-law all smoke and were wondering if they should bring enough cigs for the 7 days or wait and buy them on board.....

Thanks for asking so now I know to tell them they are way cheaper on the ship. Of course the brands are limited but I think they are Marlboro and Camel smokers. What brands are available on the ship?

They do have Camel, thats what we smoke, we brought a few packs to smoke when we board, remember you can't buy any until the ship gets out to sea and the shops are allowed to open.

Paradise2012Cruise063.jpg

I just happened to look back at this question. I really want to thank everyone who posted after I replied to upsetting reply I had received to my question. It has been such a struggle for me to finally realize my DD is an adult and I have to just let her live her life, which includes smoking, and it just struck a nerve.

All the replies were really appreciated - had no idea so many had replied with messages of support regardless of their view on smoking. It kinda felt like the calvary had ridden in to the rescue! I wish you all happy sailing !!!

They do have Camel, thats what we smoke, we brought a few packs to smoke when we board, remember you can't buy any until the ship gets out to sea and the shops are allowed to open.

Just a tip... ships vary in what brand they carry. We were on the Spirit last year and they did not have Camels. We were on a B2B and I checked first day of both cruises. I even asked the shop attendants more than twice. I have seen them in other poster's shop pictures however... so it must vary from ship to ship.

Just a tip... ships vary in what brand they carry. We were on the Spirit last year and they did not have Camels. We were on a B2B and I checked first day of both cruises. I even asked the shop attendants more than twice. I have seen them in other poster's shop pictures however... so it must vary from ship to ship.

Thanks for the tip, I did notice they carried more Marlboro than Camel's so we bought ours on the first day to make sure we got them and also some in Cozumel, we could smoke Marlboro if needed,:), which is maybe why they may carry a bigger supply of them, maybe most people will?

Happy Sailling,

Archived