What would you like to see added or taken away from a cruise?

1stimekruiser

I would love to see them take away the water, the water makes the ship move too much, it makes me sick!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

OceanCruise, They already have popcorn in the movies on board the Millie class ships. Not sure about the other vessels.

What would I like to see?

1) Self Serve Laundry! Want to come home with clean clothes than face 4 weeks worth when we come home (Our honeymoon cruise was 2 weeks and we take 2 showers a day!)

2) Cappucino served free at dinner

3) someone to squeegeethe wooden deck of the T-pools on the Millie class ships.I slipped on the Summit!

4) Better control of the Chair Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

Almost everything that people are asking for is available on one cruise line or another.

Both NCL and HAL have complementary expresso and cappicino. It's not actually labor intensive. They have automatic machines that do it all, grind beans, froth milk, steam thru beans, and dump grounds.

NCL has Hagen-Das but they charge extra.

Some lines have self service laundry.

Celebrity has one of the really great features- NO **** bingo annoucements.

What I would like is being able to eat dinner at the time I want with the same waitstaff every evening.

I agree with the posts on having more sea days and how disembarkation is handled.

Tofubeast, you're so right in saying that there's an unwanted feeling among us passengers the last night. Almost like, "pack up and get out!" It can really destroy some of my good perceptions of the cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003

Carnival Sensation 11/2002

I am glad you agree with my about the 'unwanted' feeling. I know the crew is busy collecting luggage and so on..but there is just a weird feeling in the air. Hard to describe. We went to the bar the last night of our cruise, and it almost felt like the bartenders were "done" serving the customers. It wasn't even late.. like 10pm!! It just would be nice to be sent off with a big farewell...similar to how you are greeted at the beginning. If they didn't have to deal with luggage, it would be nice to make the last formal night on the actual last night of the cruise. I guess I like to go out with a bang.. not being pushed out the door!

Century 5/24/03

Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02

Chandris Victoria Summer 1984

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till I cruise for my honeymoon!!

Tofubeast,

I just love your avatar!

And I agree about the end of the cruise, but that is why we are now booking longer cruises so we have more time before that last night.

As for Celebrity's ice cream, I think it tastes like yogurt. I really don't like it. Holland America ice cream is pretty good. Actually I seldom eat the ice cream on the ship because I prefer what we can buy at home.

I would like to see added:

Self Service Laundry

Cappuccino or espresso with dinner

More varied enrichment programs- the new photography program on the Bermuda itinerary sound great,expand it to more ships.

I would like taken away:

The 5 lb I am left with at the end of the cruise. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DUCK33:

i would like to see me added and absolutly nothing taken away<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to see me added and the shipboard charges (including the charges for the next two cruises) taken away! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Happy ks:

I want a staircase like Rose came down from, with Jack waiting for me at the bottom. But I don't want the ship to sink at the end.

Kathy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it sank in the middle the ends would break off. Would you rather it roll over? icon_confused.gif

Having just left the Zenith on 5/1, I would like to see the staff a little more cordial at breakfast on the last day. From a staff that couldn't do enough for you at the beginning and during the cruise, some of the wait staff was totally obnoxious on the last day. To the point of removing juice glasses, that were not finished, spoons from the saucers of coffee cups that were still full. You get the picture, get the h... out of here, we got our tips, it's now time to leave!! Having been a repeat Celebrity customer, I found it somewhat degrading to be treated in this manner. I had my daughter with me (her first cruise), and it did not leave a very good impression on her. Perhaps there's another cruise line that treats you a little better on debarkation day!!

Definitely would enjoy:

--Little or no announcements (on my last NCL cruise the announcements were infuriating)

--Really appreciate the self laundry

--Love having the hot tubs and pools open late or later

--Simply the tendering process so there aren't long lines

~~Celebrity Infinity 02/2005~~; NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991

B-Anne I am so sorry you had that experience on the Zenith! Our waiter the last day was so funny. Offering us dessert and then saying 'just wanted you to remember what you will be missing'. He had little quips like that through out the entire meal. Announced they were out of tomato juice with, 'Yes, this cruise must have drank a lot of Bloody Mary's because we've run out of tomato juice!'. I don't remember his namem but he was great.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I agree I would love to see the pools and the hot tubs stay open later. Nighttime swimmming is the best. I would also love to see Celebrity add more ships to choose from for the summer caribbean tours.

Toni

I'd like to see them add at least two hours to the stay at all ports where you have to tender...well actually I'd like to see them add hours to all port stays!

Kathy & Skip

NCL Westward 5/91
Monarch of the Seas 4/95
Galaxy 11/98
Disney Magic 9/99,11/00& 9/02
Disney Wonder 9/00 & 2/02
Crown Princess 4/01
Zenith 9/01
Millennium 4/02
Norwegian Dawn 4/5/03
Infinity 9/26/03
Zenith 9/18/04
Infinity 4/17/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by celem:
Personally, I'd like the "formal" nights totally eleminated and replaced with "Country Club Casual", such as done by Oceania Cruise Lines.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us LOVE formal nights, though! You don't have to do formal if you don't want to (just don't go to the main dining room those nights) or go on one of the lines that does not have formal nights (like Oceania)

Someone mentioned a bowling alley -- I am enjoying the visual image that arises: Watch that ball zigzag down the lane as the ship rolls and pitches! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gizmodog: GREAT suggestion re the FVs. Yes, that would make sense from a passenger standpoint. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening, as they don't seem to have trouble attracting people to those staterooms!

I would be really disappointed to see the formal nights eliminated. That's part of the reason I cruise, for the elegance. If I wanted to dress strictly casual I can head down the Jersey shore for the week instead. There's a certain "feel" that a cruise has that really stands out from any other land vacation. That's what makes it so special to me.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003
Carnival Sensation 11/2002

I have to admit that I, too, enjoy the formal nights and would hate to see them gone. It's about the only place outside of New Year's Eve that I can get dressed up like that and I kind of look forward to it! Let's keep the formal nights on X and let the people who just want 'Country Club Casual' try the other lines.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

tofubeast -- what a great avatar!!!!!

I for one go on these cruises for the formal nights -- it is fun to dress up (but you don't have to do this - there are alternatives).

Celebrity doesn't have a lot of announcements, for which I'm eternally grateful.

I would like to see a laundry service but can't figure out where they would put them on the ship--each deck, every other deck? and where?

I also like the ice cream but I would actually pass up the ice cream for their french fries!!!!

I agree with the last night -- but we tend to make the most of it, anyway.

What is that feeling on the last night of a cruise? It's grief, gut-wrenching, all consuming grief -- and denial.

seriously, a laundry room would be nice as it was mighty convenient on HAL.

Gale and George
Oregon

It seems that a lot of what people want is available all in one place, but only on the ultra-premium lines. Seadream gives the all-inclusive approach that Seabourn offers, but with country club casual. Same waitstaff all the time, open seating.

I'd like to have all that, but at the price we pay for Celebrity.......I guess you can't have it all....

Dave & Ann

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;10;12;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
Countdown until our first Millennium cruise!

I agee a lundry room would cut down greatly on what I have to pack. Even for a 7 day cruise it would be helpful since we take a couple of days precruise and have those extra days clothing to contend with.

Longer time in Ports would be nice too-there's so much to see and do....perhaps an evening in port would be nice.

Archived