Dining in the MDR with a larger group

Sunmist

I'm leaving on the Splendor in 3 weeks, and this is my first time cruising with a semi large group and I'm a little worried about dinner. I love going to the dining room for dinner, but don't want to sit there for 3 hours b/c we have so many people. We have anytime dining and our table will vary b/t 6-10 people a night, depending on who wants to go to the dining room each night.

My question is...how long do you think it will take to get a table for a group that size and how long do you think dinner will take?

Thanks!

Once you get a table dinner won't be more than 2 hours.

The larger the group the longer the wait can be, just like walking into any restuarant. To minimize your wait go off peak, avoiding 6:30-7:30.

We often travel with large groups of family and close friends. Our largest group was 18 roundtrip to Hawaii from San Diego. We had two tables and often switched seats to be with other members of our party. The Waiter and Asst Waiter we had were fantastic. Regardless if we switched seats they remembered our names, drinks, favorite food items etc. with no problems. I have to admit we often request menu items off the menu as well as favorites of the teenagers from the grill and never had a problem with getting what we requested.

The dinner times were not really any longer than normal. We have always chosen the early dining. The only things that made the dining time go long were the games the staff played with the 2 youngest children in our party. Every night we had magic etc. Like I said, our Waiter and Asst Waiter were absolutley fantastic.

with anytime dining becoming more and more popular, it really is hard to determine. If you go a few minutes before 7:30, you may only have a few minute wait. At 6:45, you may also not have a significant wait..

relax, don't worry about it, it is what it is... ;)

Archived