Balcony Lovers question

Reading these posts makes me realize that we haven't been getting the full benefit of our balcony! I'm going to make some changes on the next cruise. We will definitely be spending more time there.

I will make changes too. Will spend more time on my balcony. I can't believe that when I had my morning coffee, I was drinking it in my bed and then said, "Oh, I have a balcony", and went out on it Then came back inside shortly, still coffee in my cup. LOL, and got back in bed. I like the balcony more for when approaching the ports or at night. Do not read or nap during the day. I guess I am more of a crowd person, but I will use this balcony more this time. Afterall, I am spending more money for it :eek:. I guess after having it once, I just want to have it whether I use it a lot or not. Still though in the future, I do want to try a Promenade room in the future though. But had to give it up this time and upgrade myself to the balcony because of the price. Oh well.

There's nothing like breakfast in the morning on your balcony!....

Also...Every night for a breath of fresh air before going to bed.......every

morning coming into port....every afternoon leaving port....... leaviing

NY harbor, returning to NY harbor.......and anytime you want a moment

alone............or time to read a book......and lastly just listening to the

peaceful rhythm of the waves from your cabin.

You said it all! :)

I usually sail balcony at least, preferably aft balcony. I am not a crowds person and spend good majority of time in my cabin. I love seeing the sunrise from my balcony, wake trails from the ship, gazing at the stars or storms in the distance. I have fallen asleep on the lounge chairs in my aft balconies. Now I am departing from my usual norm and booked an inside for a 4 day on Monarch in Jan. My travel agent did her best to talk me out of it. But I am doing it for a few reasons: much cheaper for one person to sail, one point away from Platinum, limited time off this winter due to 2 major projects starting and ending, and I have never sailed less than a balcony. I know after experiencing an inside cabin, I will be kissing the concrete floor of the next aft balcony. I book 12-18 months ahead just to get an aft balcony. :D Financially it makes sense, I cruise alone. Normal price for a balcony runs min of 2000, this inside is only 400. I will have to find a few quiet spots and deal with it. :p

Caution - when the balcony door switch is pushed to the unlocked position, the room air conditioner automatically shuts off until you push the lock switch back to "lock". This is poor design. When one person goes outside, the person that stays inside will start sweating soon. :confused:

Enough to justify it in my opinion. I might consider a cruise with out it, but its where I spend time when my wife gets ready for dinner. I love being on my balcony sailing into ports, especially St Thomas. I wake up before my wife and I'll use the morning time before she wakes up on the balcony. On my last Allure cruise I watched a rain storm on a sea day. Being that you can see more miles, it was enjoyable. I also take binoculars. Being on a high deck on Freedom headed for Labadee, looking at Cuba's barrier islands on its north shore was very interesting.

What cruise are you considering next? Its just my wife and I. Perhaps with a bigger family we might use it less.

I agree with everything BillOh said. Add to that reading and sleeping and the occasional read/sleeping. That's when you start reading and then fall asleep in your chair with your book in your hand, feet on the rail and your mouth wide open. Oh yeah...that's me. :D

Enough to justify it in my opinion. I might consider a cruise with out it, but its where I spend time when my wife gets ready for dinner. I love being on my balcony sailing into ports, especially St Thomas. I wake up before my wife and I'll use the morning time before she wakes up on the balcony. On my last Allure cruise I watched a rain storm on a sea day. Being that you can see more miles, it was enjoyable. I also take binoculars. Being on a high deck on Freedom headed for Labadee, looking at Cuba's barrier islands on its north shore was very interesting.

What cruise are you considering next? Its just my wife and I. Perhaps with a bigger family we might use it less.

I agree with you--I'm an early riser, hubby sleeps like a teenager. Balcony is where I have coffee and enjoy watching the ship glide into the harbor, especially St. Thomas, with all of the sailboats anchored close to shore. Great photo opportunities there. High decks have their advantages, but on lower decks I've seen dolphins, rays, and other sea life a few yards from the ship. We're considering a CP balcony on Oasis, but this discussion reinforces an oceanview--I'M SO CONFLICTED!! At any rate, balcony is THE way to go!

We have sailed inside, promonade and balcony. On our last cruise on Celebrity we had two hump cabins and opened the balcony divider (which you can only do on the newer Celebrity ships) beween the cabins. Spoiled for life!!

Having said that if we could only afford an inside we would do that - a cruise is a cruise!!

Marie

We are like you and wouldn't think of sailing on anything less than a balcony:)

To answer your question we use the balcony from the time that we get on the ship to when it is time to get off. I could quote the different times that it is used,but there are far to many to do that. For us it is no longer a question if a balconcy is an option,the question for us is where is the cabin located:)

Archived