? Excellance catamaran excursion

gamecockinnc

I think I figured it out the excursion is listed on Carnivals website but the boat didn't look like a cataraman to me :o

I have read good reviews for the Excellance catamaran excursion but it isn't listed on Carnivals excursions for the September 15th CCL Valor sailing. Has anyone done this excursion? Have you done it through Carnival or on your own?

Thanks!

T

PS: Carnival does have a catamaran Sail and snorkel listed but it does not seem to be on the Excellance.

I think I figured it out the excursion is listed on Carnivals website but the boat didn't look like a cataraman to me :o

I have read good reviews for the Excellance catamaran excursion but it isn't listed on Carnivals excursions for the September 15th CCL Valor sailing. Has anyone done this excursion? Have you done it through Carnival or on your own?

Thanks!

T

PS: Carnival does have a catamaran Sail and snorkel listed but it does not seem to be on the Excellance.

The Excellence Catamaran excursion is the Carnival "See Antigua By Sea" excursion. I hope this helps!

I did it back in March. It was a good several hours on a catamaran without sails. The snorkeling isn't the best, as you're likely to be bumped into, kicked with fins, etc, because there are just too many people trying to be in the same area at the same time. Plus there were few fish & not much (live) coral besides brain. I did see my first stingray, though! The tour around the island was nice, the lunch was fried fish & grilled chicken, pasta salad, and mixed greens salad (I think). The rum punch is the best I've had - but be careful: It absolutely, positively does sneak up on you. By the time we docked I was cross-eyed & ready to be tucked safely into my bed on the cruise ship!!! Unfortunately no port shopping for me.

The only words of concern to give, besides the crowded snorkeling) is that the Atlantic side of the island is pretty rough. They will not allow you to sit at the very front of the boat on that portion of the trip & they will not allow you to walk around on the boat deck on that portion of the trip. They don't want to take any risk of injury - and it could certainly happen. But if you enjoy a fun boat ride with the most stunning water imaginable, then go for it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344742230.262879.jpg.2ac07cb9c19b75098a532793c73beac9.jpg

Thank you! I am looking for a relaxing day. We have been to St. Thomas a lot and will just head to the beach. We have never been to Antigua or Tortola though. My hubby and I are cruising with out the kids. I enjoy snorkeling but on past cruises have felt as if I have been on a aqua marathon :confused: I am considering this excursion really for the sight seeing from the ocean and the time on the water :rolleyes: any other suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,

T

I have been researching excursions for our upcoming cruise. My husband and I are cruising alone leaving our 3 sons (14, 11 and 19 months) with Nana. Can't wait for alone time and this is the first time in five years we are cruising with out the kids and/ or extended family. We can choose excursions and activities just for us!

We have been to St. Thomas several times and we plan to hit one of the beaches. We have never been to Antigua or Tortola though.

In Antigua we hoped to enjoy the water and beach. Even though I really am not keen to snorkel on this cruise we do snorkel probably to much (lol) but I love being on the water. I have narrowed it down to Carnival's "See Antigua By Sea" excursion but I am curious about the Deluxe Lobster Lunch & Champagne Cruise excursion. Even though it cost a little more maybe this is a better choice for us???

Any thoughts, suggestions and feed back is appreciated!!!!

T

PS: I will post on the Tortola board too but if any of you have suggestions for an excursion there please share. If we are sailing in Antigua then we will probably just visit a beach on our own in Tortola as it is a short day.

We are cruising on the CCL Valor and will be in port from 7:00-6:00 pm so back on the ship by 5:00 pm I would assume. Will we have time to shop at all? I would like to hit a few shops for tshirts for our kids etc.

Thank you!

T

Archived