Celebrity Reflection Undocking Live Chat - Aug 12, 2012 - Wish We Werft There !

Andy

Am I doing something wrong? All I can see is black box, no video or even photo at all. Is anyone else not seeing anything?

Wait, never mind, just saw h2Ocruzer's post. I wonder if my computer's the same. Hmmm, will my husband be mad if I wake him up out of a sound sleep to fix this???!!!

Am I doing something wrong? All I can see is black box, no video or even photo at all. Is anyone else not seeing anything?

Wait, never mind, just saw h2Ocruzer's post. I wonder if my computer's the same. Hmmm, will my husband be mad if I wake him up out of a sound sleep to fix this???!!!

Your computer likely has flash, it's the ipad/iphone that doesn't.

Make sure you are on NOT on the english translated site. Use this one http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/celebrity131.html

I've confirmed the video requires Adobe Flash Player. Here's a Direct Link for Windows 7 64 bit install : http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ .

If you have something other than Windows 7 64 Bit, click on this link :

Do you have a different operating system or browser? link, and select your operating System.

I hope this helps !

Your computer likely has flash, it's the ipad/iphone that doesn't.

Make sure you are on NOT on the english translated site. Use this one http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/celebrity131.html

I am using the translated page and it is working just fine. This is sooo exciting! Wish it would move just a little faster though.

Here's another webcam that will show her from an aerial view once she begins to exit the builders shed. It automatically updates every couple of seconds.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/index_e.html

Thanks !!! Now I have 3 windows to manage. I'll need some Tylenol for my upcoming headache :)

Thanks !!! Now I have 3 windows to manage. I'll need some Tylenol for my upcoming headache :)

But it'll be a 'fun' headache to have!

Web cam image of Celebrity Reflection's funnels sitting on the mooring dock at MeyerWerft in Papenburg on the occasion of the undocking Aug 12 2012

reflectionsfunnels.jpg

Glad to have you with us !

I have to admit I did wake my husband up to fiddle with the computer! He said he can wait until next April to meet her in person though. Not me. I want to see my cabin float by.

"Approximately one and a half hours later to the "Celebrity Reflection" moor at the pier of the harbor. There is then fitted with a crane of the signal mast. During the day, followed by further tests on the cruise liner, to be installed before the evening's two funnels."

This is what the translation says. How can that be? There doesn't seem to be very much movement out of the covered building and 45 minutes has gone by already.

Amazing that I've done this 5 times, for each of the 5 S-Class Ships. My Favorite thread title was from Equinox, which I titled "We Wish We Werft There" :). I think I will pull that one out of mothballs, and retitle this thread, after tonight's fun is over.

While this is once again, very exciting.... it's also bittersweet, as it's the final time we will see this for an S-Class ship, and for Celebrity, for at least a few years. I wonder if today's events has the same effect on the incredible folks at the Meyer-Werft shipyard. I bet it does.

While we are waiting - Who's booked on Reflection ? Please share with us.

I'm booked on the first 2 Miami revenue sailings, on 12/5 and 12/8

I have to admit I did wake my husband up to fiddle with the computer! He said he can wait until next April to meet her in person though. Not me. I want to see my cabin float by.

"Approximately one and a half hours later to the "Celebrity Reflection" moor at the pier of the harbor. There is then fitted with a crane of the signal mast. During the day, followed by further tests on the cruise liner, to be installed before the evening's two funnels."

This is what the translation says. How can that be? There doesn't seem to be very much movement out of the covered building and 45 minutes has gone by already.

You are correct. It will probably take a bit longer - but once they get started, it will move along quickly.

Isn't she absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like the float out to make everything seem real. It's magical...

Peg

It's been a tad on the slow side for the last 45 minutes so I've been reading up on the Allure of the Seas daily Cruise Compass's that I've printed out in preparation for my upcoming cruise in December. ;)

Isn't she absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like the float out to make everything seem real. It's magical...

Peg

I've been saying it for years. The Solstice Class are the most beautiful ships at Sea.

It's been a tad on the slow side for the last 45 minutes so I've been reading up on the Allure of the Seas daily Cruise Compass's that I've printed out in preparation for my upcoming cruise in December. ;)

That's not permitted. FOCUS :)

While we are waiting - Who's booked on Reflection ? Please share with us.

I'm booked on the first 2 Miami revenue sailings, on 12/5 and 12/8

We are! My husband and I are going to be on her first eastbound Transatlantic (and it's our first TA too). The Solstice was our first S class ship and we fell in love with the lawn. I can foresee lots of wonderful sea days playing bocce ball, reading, and just plain old enjoying life up on the lawn. We are looking forward to this very much!

Archived