CB Tender

lilmunchkin99

Hi, I'll be on the CB in Sept and was wondering if someone can tell me how big the Tenders are. I'm really not too excited about going on small boats, but would really like to see Bar Harbor & Rhode Island. I'm taking my Mom to celebrate her 80th B-Day and was wondering also if it would be difficult for her to get on & off a Tender. :rolleyes:

The tenders are not small. They are actually the double decker life boats. You'll feel very safe in them. Easy to get on and off of with hand rails and steps/ramps. Plus there are employees there to give you a hand if you need it. I was worried my first time, too, until I learned that they are not small boats which the word "tender" brings to mind. :)

Tenders are enclosed to the elements and designed to carry over 100 people. If you wish, you can climb a steep staircase and sit up top. You're not going to have to jump into a large row boat like you see in the Titanic movies.

Hi, I'll be on the CB in Sept and was wondering if someone can tell me how big the Tenders are. I'm really not too excited about going on small boats, but would really like to see Bar Harbor & Rhode Island. I'm taking my Mom to celebrate her 80th B-Day and was wondering also if it would be difficult for her to get on & off a Tender. :rolleyes:

Is your mom completely mobile? If so, she will have no problem.

I use a cane to walk - have two bad knees - and I have never had a problem using the tenders aboard Princess. As mentioned, there is always plenty of staff on hand to help if needed both getting on and off. I wouldn't worry about it.

roses2 - Peggy

Thank you all so much!!! I appreciate your replies:D Yes, I was thinking that the Tender was on the small side, but am delighted to know that they're a decent size. My Mom is pretty mobile so I think everything should be O.K. Thanks for the picture Robtulipe :)

Thank you all so much!!! I appreciate your replies:D Yes, I was thinking that the Tender was on the small side, but am delighted to know that they're a decent size. My Mom is pretty mobile so I think everything should be O.K. Thanks for the picture Robtulipe :)
There are two crewmen to help people get from the platform onto the tender. Where you enter the tender, there's a wide platform the width of the tender so you don't have to land on a step or narrow platform. They'll double up and carry you across if needed. :) The tender is designed to make it as easy and safe as possible to board and then disembark.

Here's a shot of a boarding platform from above just before they stowed it. While this is a Royal Caribbean ship I'm sure they're all pretty much the same.
Actually, this doesn't look anything like the Princess tender loading platform unless you're referring to the platform on the left, not the blue thing, which hopefully won't confuse the OP.

Actually, this doesn't look anything like the Princess tender loading platform unless you're referring to the platform on the left, not the blue thing, which hopefully won't confuse the OP.

Actually recently off the CB, and the above picture is indeed just what the CB's tender platform looks like... This picture was taken as it was either being put into place or as it was being "disassembled" ready to be closed up. The platform on the left is one deck above the large blue platform in the picture. The stairs have been folded down and they are folding the tender "rub strips" over the stairs. Once it is all done, they just push a button and hydraulics lifts the entire platform up and it forms part of the exterior hull. Stood and watched this process as we were getting ready to depart South Queensferry (Edinburgh) a few weeks ago.

Archived