What do you recommend after the stingrays?

Splatt

A group of 6 of us are looking for a tour company to book so that we can go and see the stingrays. Does anyone have a recommendation of a company to book with that offers something after the rays that might include some beach time/lunch? We are not interested in seeing the turtle farm or Hell. Thanks for any advice that someone might have!!:)

We have used Nativeway several times and they have been great. This last time we did stingrays, snorkeling and a dolphin swim. Other times we have done 7 mile beach or Rum Point after the rays. Look at their website but if you want a different plan email them and they can work it out.

We've used Moby Dick twice for the stingray and snorkel tour - great service. After one tour they dropped us at 7-mile beach (great) and the next time we got off for beers and conch fritters at Rackham's waterfront bar/restaurant (very good, happy hour prices for customers from Moby Dick tours ;)). Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies! Clackey, I like the idea of that tour with Nativeway but I have a few questions. How was the snorkeling part? Ive been on many snorkeling trips before (so it wasn't my favorite thing to do) but it looks like its part of the tour if I want to also see Rum Point. What is Rum Point like? IS it easy to get chairs near a beach or pool? Is lunch included or did you purchase it on your own? Thanks everyone for the insight!!

Thanks for the replies! Clackey, I like the idea of that tour with Nativeway but I have a few questions. How was the snorkeling part? Ive been on many snorkeling trips before (so it wasn't my favorite thing to do) but it looks like its part of the tour if I want to also see Rum Point. What is Rum Point like? IS it easy to get chairs near a beach or pool? Is lunch included or did you purchase it on your own? Thanks everyone for the insight!!

The snorkeling area is not that good. The coral was pretty spotty but the area was near the stingray bar so we didn't spend a lot of time motoring to the snorkel spot. We were not in the water for very long so if you didn't want to snorkel you wouldn't have to wait very long before they took you to Rum Point. I would like to snorkel the reef near Rum Point but haven't found a tour for that.

Rum Point is really nice with a nice beach, plenty of chairs, and lots of shade. The view is fantastic. Lunch was provided. There is only a couple of meals provided at the tour price but they had optional dishes for a nominal fee. The jerked chicken worked just fine.;) I didn't see a pool, but we plopped down at the first table that we came to and pigged out. I need to give you a heads up though. I offered to buy our guide lunch and he declined but said that I could buy him a Bud. I bought a Bud and a Red Stripe and the bill was $13.:eek: I handed him his Bud and told him to enjoy his lunch.

Rum Point will be on our list for our next visit and this is from a couple who seldom do repeats when in port. It is "THAT" good.

If you get dropped off at 7 mile beach is it all public?? We dont need a beach chair but can we get dropped off and plop our towel down and go anywhere? Thanks!

If you want fewer people and a little shade you should try Cemetary Beach. It is at the far end of 7 mile. We took a public van for a couple bucks. When you are ready to go back to town just start walking. The van drivers will honk at you and will stop if you wave. Great, cheap way to get around.

Splat when are you guys going.

WE will be there Oct 30th and are also looking for a trip. I might be reserving a charter.

We will be on the Conquest for the week of Thanksgiving. Thanks anyway and have a great trip!!

Archived