Dolphin Touch, Dunns River Falls only thru ship???

raelee34

Our first cruise (Mom, Dad and two sons 6,9) will be in August aboard the RCCL Mariner.

We were interested in Dolphin Cove and their website noted that one could also buy tickets/transpo to Dunns.

When I e-mailed to inquire I was told the following:
"Please make your reservations with the shore excursion manger on board the
cruise ship you will be travelling on.
They pre-book all our tours and times for its passengers who wish to come to Dolphin Cove."

We have been trying to book our own tours using these boards as a reference, but it sounds like if I'm on a cruise ship and want to go to the Cove I must book thru the ship.

Does anyone else have any information about this??

The RCCL cost is $78/pp.

Thanks-
Steph

• 3 weeks later...
please reply to [email]kellypatton2000@yahoo.com[/email]

THere are toll free numbers you can call to obtain the details you are looking into.

Also- I know- you do NOT have to book thru the ship. Maybe this excursion is different, but I DOUBT it is the case (what ship & date are you traveling by?)

It is amazing how you find deals- ex- a taxi driver who will charge you less (BE SMART!) to round trip to a popular place. Be careful & barter. Never accept the first price.

good luck

• 1 month later...
If you are also going to Cozumel on your cruise there is a place called Dolphin Discovery, you can book this yourself by contacting them directly. It is at a Marine Park so when you pay your admission to get in $12adult $8child, you enjoy swimming and sunbathing as well as booking swimming with the dolphins, sea lions, ect. You can actually spend a whole day there. Each activity has a separate fee. The nice things about this place vs. booking through the ship is you may some people in your group that just want to pay the admission to the park but do not want to swim with the dolphins. I choose to stand on the dock and take pictures. I want allowed my camera here, I read no camera allowed at Dolphin Cove!

Just wanted to add that you DO NOT have to book Dolphin cove through a Cruise Ship, I was just there on the 5/29 sailing of Caribbean Princess, and the wife and myself took a taxi there and did it on our own, the taxi drivers will take you to Dunns river after you go there if you want, we chose not to, and went to the shopping centers instead. There may be a deal you can purchase while there to "included" dunns river, but couldnt tell ya that as we didnt ask. Hope this helps.

Completed:

Caribbean Princess 5/04

• 3 months later...
Does anyone else have experience with this excursion? My family and I had tried to book directly through Dolphin Cove and were refered back to the cruiseline to book. I was especially interested to hear if people had any luck just showing up at Dolphin Cove and doing the dolphin swim or if it will sell out?

Archived