When does Carnival try to push to sell out?

KPGirl

Better explanation

I am cruising the Glory leaving Dec 30th. Prices have dropped slightly but there seem to be alot of rooms left, on all levels ov, balcony etc. When does carnival start to try to fill the ship up quicker?? Also there is another cruise out of San Juan the same days, 5 ports ( 1 more then us) yet it's much cheaper, why would that be, it seems like a nicer schedule. Just curious !

Better explanation

I am cruising the Glory leaving Dec 30th. Prices have dropped slightly but there seem to be alot of rooms left, on all levels ov, balcony etc. When does carnival start to try to fill the ship up quicker?? Also there is another cruise out of San Juan the same days, 5 ports ( 1 more then us) yet it's much cheaper, why would that be, it seems like a nicer schedule. Just curious !

All cruise lines have very exhaustive computer programs with algorithms that calculate what % the ship should be sold by what week before cruising with each ship and itinerary woven into their logic systems.

I would "guess" one of the main points of interest is 90 days out from the cruise, as that is "probably" when most of the cancellations come in.

So far we're still waiting for prices to drop (in our category) on our cruise at the end of September. Our category has a minimum of 20 rooms still left, but the prices have remained the same. I keep crossing my fingers and checking every day (sometimes more than once) just in case.

They have what I understand to be a very sophisticated computer program that adjusts pricing to maximize revenue.

Will adjust pricing to do this in the months before your cruise.. Last few weeks before cruise you can see major changes as they fill the ship.

Archived